Dirac Live help required...FIXED

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

Trying to weigh pros and cons of buying DDRC-24 vs Dirac Live licence.

With DDRC-24 can you load 4 filters just like Dirac Live?

Once loaded could you also use your pc with Dirac Live in another room? Effectively giving you correction for two systems.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
No
If you buy the ddrc the licence is for that unit.
If you buy the pc stereo software you have to login on a computer and its valid for that pc only.

If you buy the full suite which is multichannel you get 2 licences.

Pretty sure that's right

insider9

luckylion100 said:
Ellisdj has already answered above but I'dd add this.

The Dirac Live upgrade is purchased through Minidsp not Dirac directly, look on the Minidsp site it's something like Minidsp 2x4HD upgrade to DDRC-24 for $249. The trial from Dirac downloaded through Dirac's site is an entirely different affair and I read somewhere costing around $600 for a licence that i believe is only for PC implimentation. I could be wrong...

I could have purchased the whole lot through Minidsp, gone straight for the preloaded DDRC-24 but didn't want to incur any added import duty charges, especially as $249 of it was for a software download.

I went around the houses and got my hardware from Audiophonics near my old neck of the woods in South West France.
Yes, that makes sense. Thanks

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ellisdj has already answered above but I'll add this.

My Dirac Live upgrade was purchased through Minidsp not Dirac directly, look on the Minidsp site it's something like Minidsp 2x4HD upgrade to DDRC-24 for $249. The trial from Dirac downloaded through Dirac's site is an entirely different affair and I read somewhere perhaps costing around $600 for a licence that I believe is only for PC implimentation. I could be wrong...

I could have purchased the whole lot through Minidsp, gone straight for the preloaded DDRC-24 but didn't want to incur any added import duty charges, especially as $249 of it was for a software download.

I went around the houses and got my hardware from Audiophonics near my old neck of the woods in South West France.

TRENDING THREADS