Dirac Live help required...FIXED

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm attempting to run the two week trial version via my windows 10 laptop. This is turn is connected to the UMik, all works well seeming. The laptop is connected via usb to the Oppo HA-1 which Dirac live recognises in system setup. I have calibrated the mic, input gain and output levels are set as instructed. So I've proceeded to the measurement screen, set my seating configuration and the proceed button is constantly greyed out. I'm stuck.

As this is the trial version I'm following Dirac Live's online instructions to the letter. My minidsp2x4hd is not connected to the chain yet.

Oh and foobar2000 is the media player from laptop I'm using.

I'm sure it's very obvious but I'm lost. I've saved the profile and restarted the system three times now. Any help greatly appreciated. Ta

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
insider9 said:
Wish I could help, but only played with REW so far. Are the setting all good? Have you got output device as Oppo and input as UMIK in Dirac?

Confused the hell out of me, way too much info I didn't understand. So I thought I'd give the trial Dirac Live version a go as my original plan was to uograde the Minidsp 2x4HD.

So far all settings are bang on, they really walk you through it online. Oppo good and recognised, UMIK again check... it's just this proceed button on the measurement page, about to take my first measurement and stuck.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Are you getting a sound output and a measured input level?

i.e. can you test left and right to set the correct level for a measurement?

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Are you getting a sound output and a measured input level?

i.e. can you test left and right to set the correct level for a measurement?

Setting the levels to go from blue into the green. Both speakers playing the test tone indenpendently of course. Then I get the blue proceed to go to measurement screen. Set the mic up in sweetspot (first position) grey proceed button. Same each time.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
does the system need virtually silent conditions to consider itself ready to take measurements? At present I've guys outside doing some road works, just started as I began this. Sod's Law if it is the case because today was the day i was going to try this with an eye to purchasing it! Obviously total silence is impossible , it's normally very quiet here but maybe not quiet enough today....

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Flavio at dirac support will get back to you.

However you might be looking to press the wrong button

You dont press the proceed button in the bottom right hand corner there is another button you press to take each measurement

Edit - its not that clever to know whether its silent or not :)

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Flavio at dirac support will get back to you.

However you might be looking to press the wrong button

You dont press the proceed button in the bottom right hand corner there is another button you press to take each measurement

Edit - its not that clever to know whether its silent or not :)

At the bottom pf the screen these are my options from left screen to right...Load, save, back and proceed. In the notes that appear right of screen they mention a start option, that is not visible on my screen.

Re the silent edit, you're tying me up in knots with that one... totally lost. ;-)

Thanks again.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
umik-1-dirac-measurement.png

See the start button - thats what you press -

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Set the day aside to really give this Dirac Live the once over and try to get to grips. I was seriously considering a purchase. After all that's why I purchased the Minidsp2x4HD (to fully upgrade)

I'm unsure if this missing button is something to do with my HP laptop (my daughter is the computer whizz) but after a complete day of getting absolutely nowhere, I'm close to chucking the bloody thing in the cupboard and forgetting about it.

Had a text reply from Dirac and the advice is to press the 'Start' button, actually made me laugh. that's the kind of tech support I could offer.

Anyway thanks Ellisdj for trying.

Ten deep breaths and then I'll take another look at the newly revived NVA Cube thread for a laugh. ;-)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think the start button will be behind the help section on the right hand side.

You can only proceed after you have taken so many measurements - close the help and I bet the start button will be there

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I think the start button will be behind the help section on the right hand side.

You can only proceed after you have taken so many measurements - close the help and I bet the start button will be there

Back out from the cupboard it comes and I'll give it a pop. Still got half an hour before the toys must go way. Ta again.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That is where it should be thats odd.

Now you have a photo email dirac support showing the photo and they can hopefully help you.

What windows is on that laptop?? It works fine on server 2016

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes their customer support have been back to me a number of times already. They seem to think (like you suggested) it could be a Windows related issue, namely screen resolution and font size. I'm currently down loading the latest update, taking an age but will see how it works out tomorrow. I really want it to work out, despite the problems I like the look of the software.

Insider... those ticks were green as the sctions were checked and completed previously, thus allowing me to progress to the next stage. Up to the point at which I'm now stuck there were only progress buttons and no start buttons. So as the start button was playing hide and seek I assumed progress was the way to go. I hope the update sorts things and I can have a play with this tomorrow afternoon.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I never had any issues with the software.

Its works perfectly which was a nice surprise.

Now you know the problem have you goolged it to see if Anyone has had it before

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
of windows updates and eventually figuring out that the display was set at 125%, success! I'm useless at anything to do with computers and my daughter had let the updates slip. Some drivers were also updated then just before midnight, a START button. Can't wait to try it out. Thanls to Ellisdj and for Insider for virtually keeping me company in this struggle. Must also say the technical support from Dirac was second to none, well recommended. I'm sure once the trial is over I'll be purchasing. Well I get to play tomorrow!

9XLRqa.png

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The technical part comes after the measurements setting the curve.

It might be an idea to start with the dirac reccomended curve but take picture of the graphs page so I can see and I can likely make a recimmendation or 2 for a manual target curve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts