Unsure how to best set equipment up please help:)

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
I've recently bought 2x Rel Tx7's Subwoofers. I'm a little unsure how to best link everything and add into my chain. Here is back of Rel

My main amplifier is Nad T778

Connected via preouts to my Emotiva XPA Gen3 power amplifier.

My plan is to use Dirac and pay for full licence

My Speakers are Tannoy precision 6.4 and The T778 will be used for 2 channel stereo only

Any help is appreciated 🙂

jjbomber

I honestly don't know, Rels here on Friday... Anyone else familiar with Rel?
I have a REL. Connect at line level. I have the RCAs tailor made by audio-t, due to the length.

For what it's worth, I turned up at their factory in Bridgend with a pocket full of cash. hoping to strike a deal. Didn't work; they told me I had to go to a retailer. However they did give me a nice factory tour, let me have samples of all their finishes to see what suited my room and generally could not have been nicer. They have an excellent customer service department as well. Give them a ring.

Reactions: Al ears

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
High hopefully i can help

I'm going to assume you know how and where to connect the speakers. red, black positive and negative?

Now REL subs are quite unique in the way that they work, you can actually connect to both the high-level "XLR type connection" (it's not but for the life of me cant remember what is called) and the LFE connection, this is actually pretty advanced stuff and requires a lot of knowledge of cross over points. SO most use high level for stereo use and the LFE for the AVR's surround sound.

In your case use the LFE connection and leave the crossover at whatever its max is eg 120hz and then tell the AVR what crossover you wish to use, most use 80hz. This will send all bass below that to your subwoofer. Leaving those large Tannoy precision 6.4 largely redundant bass wise. One of the reasons I use small-ish satellite speakers.

Still with me?

You need to tell the amp how many speakers you have, then run your room correction software.

Direc live, I believe you will need a computer and Mic to "measure" your space depending on the level of implementation within the amp this can be a very complex or very simple plug-and-play affair. If you don't know what you're doing id run with the settings that the computer pumps out.

That's it happy days sit back and relax.

In my opinion, the sub is rather small for the speakers you have in mind to partner it with your speakers in room response will largely be the same as the subwoofer. See how you get on but i think you need to buy a slightly bigger one.

best wishes

Reactions: andybebbs

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
My room is only 20ft x16ft, so was thinking I could get away with Rel TX7' Vs the TX9's.

I understand my speakers go lower than my TX7's, but can't I simply mess with the crossover to allow the Rels to work more than my speakers?.... Surely the bass will be much faster and better on the Rels as I do find the bass on my Tannoys slightly boomey at times.

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts