Different air?

SteveR750

I always make sure that the air temp in my listening room is set between 21.5 and 23 Dec to ensure optiumum density, but it occurred to me this moirning when "rediscovering" the M2 tat the air is different in my new house, in that it comprises different molecules from my old place. Some may have been transferred in boxes, and on clothing etc, but can't have been much. Maybe I won't be in such a rush to change my DAC after all.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I bring "special tinned air" in from the Norway ....but any flatulence ruins the effect. :roll:

I will be trying Helium next, as sound travels faster in it.

SteveR750

Yes, I had some of the old stuff in my headphones. Just "rinsing" them through with the new stuff as we speak and I'll report back later. The room temp has just dropped below the lower control limit so the hi has been switched off and replaced by the TV instead till later.

I can't light candles as they will alter the oxygen / co2 content which affects the density of course, as well as pumping other long chain perfumed organic chemicals into the room which I could do without also.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Wise words. I think we've all experienced when the wind changes and fettid French air, reeking of garlic and Galoises, blows across England making eveything sound vile and leaving decent people coughing and gasping. Only when fresh, clean air comes from the Atlantic does hi-fi come 'on song'.

SteveR750

CnoEvil said:
I bring "special tinned air" in from the Norway ....but any flatulence ruins the effect. :roll: I will be trying Helium next, as sound travels faster in it.

Don't waste your money - they say that Bullsh*t travels faster than the speed of light in some parts ;)

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
I always make sure that the air temp in my listening room is set between 21.5 and 23 Dec to ensure optiumum density, but it occurred to me this moirning when "rediscovering" the M2 tat the air is different in my new house, in that it comprises different molecules from my old place. Some may have been transferred in boxes, and on clothing etc, but can't have been much. Maybe I won't be in such a rush to change my DAC after all.

hey now! there's a few more weeks remaining until April 1st. don't be too hasty!

SteveR750

oldric_naubhoff said:
SteveR750 said:

hey now! there's a few more weeks remaining until April 1st. don't be too hasty!

How do you know I am not being serious?

Seriously.

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
How do you know I am not being serious?

Seriously.

well. isn't air 99% nitrogen and oxygen anyway?

isn't air density hardly changing within our comfort temperature range and pressure range?

or am I missing something?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts