Difference between Bluetooth V4.0 & V4.1

Mandyway

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Anybody can tell me the difference between Bluetooth V4.0 & V4.1

Got the big sale code on 2 items for Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.1. But not sure the difference when listenning music or picking up calls.

Suely the 4.0 one is much cheaper.

Links removed by mods for blatant advertising.

pi-electronics

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
As you mentioned, the Bluetooth 4.1 is the newer version and many new cellphones have the 4.1 version available to connect. If indeed a device that supports BT 4.0 can't be updated by firmware or software to support 4.1, wouldn't that make BT 4.1 support (or lack thereof) be a pretty important thing to consider in evaluating the phone and comparing different options? Maybe I'm just completely off base with this, because I don't see more than a mere mention of what BT version is supported in any reviews, no discussion at all. Also with the earphone, I know a product named Piduet which has bluetooth 4.1 bulit-in and the connection is much faster than the my old version hearphones. Also, the Piduet is a perfect gift in this christmas and the price is reasonable comapre with SONY XB80BS. I really like Piduet with Bluetooth 4.1.

abacus

Unless otherwise specified all Bluetooth, items are backwards compatible (Just like USB), however the history of Bluetooth can be found here https://www.bluetooth.com/about-us/our-history (As you can see V4.1 is quite antiquated in technology terms)

Hope this helps

Bill

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much,as Bluetooth 5 is approved for release now.Will appear in equipment next year [2017] offering 2 x Speed and 4 x the Distance over 4.1.With better reliability.

Mandyway

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
abacus said:
Unless otherwise specified all Bluetooth, items are backwards compatible (Just like USB), however the history of Bluetooth can be found here https://www.bluetooth.com/about-us/our-history (As you can see V4.1 is quite antiquated in technology terms)

Hope this helps

Bill
Quite useful, thanks Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts