Denon D-M38DAB - IPOD???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can someone help me please. Earlier this year I brought a superb Denon D-M38DAB stereo which I am very very pleased with and would highly recommend. I have read somewhere that I would be able to plug in my Ipod touch 2nd gen by using the USB port located at the front of the player, however having tried this I am given the message to dissconect USB. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not compatable. If I need a docking system anyone got any suggestions as to which one is worth a punt. Thanks

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
ipod touch 2nd gen should work with dm38. it should also charge the ipod. You are using the ipod-dock-to-usb-cable that comes with your ipod to connect to the front usb port on the dm38, right? what exactly does the ipod screen and dm38 screen say when you do that?

A

Anonymous

It reads disconnect usb or just disconnect - can't remember exactly. I am using the normal white lead issued with every ipod I believe but don't have a docking station.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
have you tried switching between inputs on dm38 adn back to usb? any difference?

the denon should select the usb input automatically though when you connect the ipod.

your ipod is not password locked? tried restarting the ipod (hold top and front button for 10-15 sec)? software on ipod up-to-date?

A

Anonymous

Yes have tried switching modes on player back and forward to no avail and ipod software bang up to date. I will try again tonight but by the sound I don't need to shell out for an ipod dock and that there is no reason why this shouldn't work. Has the Denon system had an update recently?? just thinking that maybe I have been sold an old model that needs a docking system as the manual suggests? Thanks for your help so far

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
The 38 doesn't need a dock, just the cable. It's either a faulty USB port, or an incompatability issue with the 2nd gen touch. I'll root my manual out and have a check.

A

Anonymous

Just out of interest - does it matter that I do not use the radio on my Denon and have not connected antenna??? Would this make any difference.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
superstarpj:Just out of interest - does it matter that I do not use the radio on my Denon and have not connected antenna??? Would this make any difference.

no, this should not make any difference. 2nd gen ipod touch should work, without a dock. do you have another ipod cable to try? borrow from somebody for a day (a lot of people have ipods these days). I do not htink the dm38 had any updates.

i have touch 2nd gen. os 4.2.1. when I connect the ipod (even when it is off) the dm38 switches to usb, the display says 'reading' for abt 8 secs, then it says 'external ipod' or smth like that. when you disconnect, the display says 'disconnected'. if it is not doing that then there is either fault in the cable (you can check this), in the ipod or in the dm38. can you try another compatible ipod?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts