Denon D-M40DAB ... with my old Missions?

Rupert

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Having just read the review of the new Denon D-M40DAB, it appears that the speakers are quite an improvement over previous versions of this highly rated micro system.

I have an earlier model, the D-M37DAB, which feeds a pair of Mission speakers that were part of the standard kit with my previous UD-M31. I can remember at the time that the Denon speakers supplied with the D-M37DAB weren't particularly well thought of so, when I upgraded I elected to buy just the main unit and hang onto the speakers. To my ears they give an excellent sound, slightly strong on bass, but that's fine by me because the mid and top ranges are good too.

Question: If I was to consider upgrading my M37 to the latest M40 version, would the new speakers from Denon show any improvement over my old Missions? And while I think about it .. do Denon actually make speakers or are those supplied with the D-M40DAB made by a.n.other known speaker manufacturer?

jjbomber

Rupert said:
To my ears they give an excellent sound, slightly strong on bass, but that's fine by me because the mid and top ranges are good too.

Question: If I was to consider upgrading my M37 to the latest M40 version, would the new speakers from Denon show any improvement over my old Missions?

No improvement and may be worse TO YOUR EARS. Stick with what you like. By all means demo a pair against your existing Missions, but my money is on the old faithfuls.

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Can't comment on the mission speakers. I had the same dilemma. Ended up getting the dm40 and q acoustics 2020i. The sound is unbelievable for such a small unit. Really impressive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts