Does Denon D-M40DAB support USB connection to PC?

virologist

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

I am looking into a microsystem bundle like Denon D-M40DAB + Wharfedale Diamond 220. It is such a compact system I would like, with all CD / DAB / DAC / amp features.

Besides my CDs and music in iPod, I also have a lot of digital collection such as lossless FLAC etc in my PC. I wonder if the USB port in the front panel of Denon D-M40DAB can accept the USB connection with PC or Macbook other than iPod and iPhone?

Many thanks!!

virologist

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
virologist said:
Hi folks,

I am looking into a microsystem bundle like Denon D-M40DAB + Wharfedale Diamond 220. It is such a compact system I would like, with all CD / DAB / DAC / amp features.

Besides my CDs and music in iPod, I also have a lot of digital collection such as lossless FLAC etc in my PC. I wonder if the USB port in the front panel of Denon D-M40DAB can accept the USB connection with PC or Macbook other than iPod and iPhone?

Many thanks!!

Opps, I have just spotted the manual in richersound, saying "It is not possible to use this unit by connecting the unit’s USB port to a PC via a USB cable."

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
At the microsystem level, your best bet is probably to go for a system with Bluetooth built-in, and stream music from your computer to the system that way.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
.... or take the plunge and get a network ready Micro System. Most support the popular streaming services, and you can share the music on your PC using asset pnp and have access to it that way and play it back from your PC. Alternatively buy something like a Raumfeld Connector to hang off the back of your existing system and use that to interface with streaming services and your music files stored on your PC.

ANDREWTFINNEY

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Virologist, I have an older version D-M38DAB and have music playing from a USB stick/external hardrive. The trick is to ensure that the USB stick and or external hardrive are formatted at FAT32. Just copy music from your PC to the stick/hardrive and the Denon should be fine. My music is placed in folders so Music -> Group > Album -> Tracks. So I group all my albums under an artist/group. I believe you can have upto 256 artists/groups and then upto 256 albums per group and the upto 256 tracks per album etc. Give it a try, memory sticks are cheap these days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts