Denon AVR1713 or Yamaha RXV473 for B&W MT50 speakers?

dukeden

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm shortly going to be buying a B&W MT50 speaker system. I'm being recommended two different AV receivers from two different shops.

The Denon AVR1713 and Yamaha RXV473?

Does anyone out there have these powering their systems? If so, how do they perform? I know the Yamaha's are getting rave reviews at the moment, and know very little of the Denon.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, I'd recommend more expensive receivers. The Denon and Yamaha mentioned won't make the most of the B&W package. What's your budget?

Something like this might be a better option: http://www.whathifi.com/review/sony-str-dn1030

The Sony 1030 is available for £300 now, though you'll want to be sure it's a suitable tonal match with your B&Ws.

That said, I'd be inclined to push the budget a little further. As always advised on this forum, audition whichever receivers you shortlist, and ask to hear your shortlisted options with the MT30 package.

A

Anonymous

Hi!

Both amps are good, but i'd pick the Yamaha as i feel it gives a more movie like experience and is not bad with music either! I'd agree with the previous post though and would look at, say the 673 (£395?) if budget allows.

Also the Yamaha will be good with the MT50 package. Having heard the MT50 though, my advice would be to get the M-1s and forgo the subwoofer, buying instead the REL T5. The REL is far better than the B+W sub that comes in the MT50 pack. :)

This is, of course, budget permitting...

regards

ksoundwerx

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
If you really are sticking to a budget, get the Denon AVR-2113 over the 1713, it's from the latest crop of Denon AVRs, and available online for £280 delivered. is packed with superb AV features, 4k upscaling, Airplay and other networking tools. Denon pairs well with B&W too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts