Denon 3313 or Marantz 7007 blueray player

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
I hereby predict that Gel will return or sell his Denon blu ray player and go back to his Pioneer 71. Just call it a hunch. ;)

:grin:

gel said:
Series1boy said:
Are you keeping the 3313 gel?

I would seriusly consider getting your VT calibrated, I'm well impressed with mine. If you don't watch 3d and you are ok with the slow loading times, then I'd keep your 71.

Hi

No, I've sent it back. If I had the money I would have kept it though. It looked like it was still on par with my Pioneer 71 though. I am still thinking about calibration, good to know you are now happy though. :cheers:

Just call me a soothsayer! :rofl: Thought you might keep it a bit longer than that though! :doh:

:grin:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Did you buy it from Superfi? Will wait for an open box deal then! :type:

Yep, correct BB! Should be on soon, at present I am still waiting for a refund, once that goes through it should be put on. ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

Just been refunded! :). I wonder if you can buy it again? :grin:

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Well had a change of heart and I'm thinking of 3d, so I called my local Sevenoaks store in Sheffield today and asked about the Denon 3313. The manager said he wouldn't touch them with a barge pole because of reliability issues and he's never seen so many returned to which he has decided not to stock or sell this player. Apparantley these players are only available from their website now....

has anybody else heard the same?

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Well had a change of heart and I'm thinking of 3d, so I called my local Sevenoaks store in Sheffield today and asked about the Denon 3313. The manager said he wouldn't touch them with a barge pole because of reliability issues and he's never seen so many returned to which he has decided not to stock or sell this player. Apparantley these players are only available from their website now....

David at Frank Harvey said they don't have them on demo because of reliability issues. I didn't notice anything wrong with them though.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Had no problem with mine! Works like a dream.

And I havn't heard of any problems from other users either, unless it's issues with the 3D side of things with which I wouldn't know as don't use it, or it could be streaming issues but again I don't use that functionality.

IMO Denon have always been very reliable.

Series1boy said:

Yes, Denon isn't popular with Sevenoaks Sheffield (I bought my kit from them) & few other dealers.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/av-receivers/why-are-denon-receivers-unpopular-amongst-dealers

They did warn me against going for a Panasonic TV due to poor after sales support from the manufacturer, I'm glad I listened to them. ;)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Series1boy said:

Yes, Denon isn't popular with Sevenoaks Sheffield (I bought my kit from them) & few other dealers.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/av-receivers/why-are-denon-receivers-unpopular-amongst-dealers

They did warn me against going for a Panasonic TV due to poor after sales support from the manufacturer, I'm glad I listened to them. ;)
Hmmm take there advice & miss out on some of the best Tv's around? I've always had good service from Panasonic over the years, I'm always abit weary when retailers advise you over not getting a certain product especially with a top brand :-/

But however we do recommend this? (nothing to do with the fact they most likely get more commision with the product 'they' recommend) This is my take on it....

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had panny TVs for last 8 years and no serious problems to date, although I do appreciate there are a few people on here who have had poor support. The Sheffield panny store were only too happy to help when I needed it.

My denon amp is fine and Peter Tyson are offering a 3 year warranty for the 3313 so I should be ok... Still not sure though..... :doh:

jase fox said:
bigboss said:
Series1boy said:

Hmmm take there advice & miss out on some of the best Tv's around? I've always had good service from Panasonic over the years, I'm always abit weary when retailers advise you over not getting a certain product especially with a top brand :-/

But however we do recommend this? (nothing to do with the fact they most likely get more commision with the product 'they' recommend) This is my take on it....

Well, they did recommend the very best TV which I've now got! :)

Have you had any experience with Panasonic after sales support? Going by the recent posts, they do seem like a nightmare to deal with.....

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
No issues with the VT apart from when I needed the ISF password so that I could get into my settings after my first calibration so that I could check the gamma setting. They were very helpful and gave me the pasword straight away.

on my 46pz I had a noisy fan just before the warranty expired last year and they came out and fixed it within 2 days. This is why I went back to this dealer because of their great support and I purchased the VT.

Regisss said:
Maybe silly question, but what means TV calibration? And who is able to do it?

Check this thread:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/arguments-for-and-against-calibration

Details about calibration here:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/thx-and-isf-calibration-is-it-worth-it

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
3313 ordered today for delivery tomorrow from Peter Tyson with 3 year warranty..

I appreciate there won't be any picture quality improvements for BD, however, I'm unable to view 3d and the the 71 is so slow at loading disks. Unfortunately I've been spoilt by the build quality of the 71 and and is another reason why I've purchased the Denon and it's a 1 box for all... :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
3313 ordered today for delivery tomorrow from Peter Tyson with 3 year warranty..

I appreciate there won't be any picture quality improvements for BD, however, I'm unable to view 3d and the the 71 is so slow at loading disks. Unfortunately I've been spoilt by the build quality of the 71 and and is another reason why I've purchased the Denon and it's a 1 box for all... :cheers:

Nice one! I liked it. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Hificonfidential just dropped their price of the Denon, could you still price match with them?

http://www.hificonfidential.co.uk/blu-ray-hd-recorders/blu-ray-players/denon-dbt-3313-universal-black-bluray-transporter.html

D

Deleted member 2457

My Denon Blu-Ray player now on sale at Superfi here:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-14684-denon-dbt3313-networked-blu-raydvd-player-opened-box-black.aspx

£400. :). Open boxed!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I get the extra years warranty for 20 quid more so it's worth it. I like my kit brand spanka no previous touching gel :)

i will let you know my thoughts on the denon after it arrives tomorrow!

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts