Dennon AVR-1910 Audysssey Auto Set Up Help Please.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought a Dennon AVR-1910 yesterday after an audition in Richer Sounds and a Kef 2005.3 speaker package, I started installing it last night and finished in the early hours so didn't want to run the reciever's auto set up as the rest of the household were asleep and the manual says that loud sounds are involved in the process so I plan to do it this morning.

However looking in the manual it says:

"Do not hold the microphone in your hand during measurements & Avoid placing the microphone close to a seat back or wall as sound reflections may give inaccurate results"

It advises me to mount the microphone on a stand or tripod but thats not the type of thing I imagine normal people have lying around in their house so I was wondering what tips you could give me to complete this process.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I tried my new 1910 for the first time last night - straight out of the box no Audysssey set up - and it sounded great.

Would be interested to hear how the set up goes for you.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
had a bit of a nightmare with mine, the L/F fronts kept saying out of phase

Clearly this wsn't the case and after 10 attemtps and moving the front speakers it finally did it!!!!??

Quality sound though

A

Anonymous

I have the 1910 set up with a 7.1 mix off 2005.3 and 1005 supporting

I found the the auto set up only takes you so far, it was good for speaker distance , phase extra, but found i had to tweak the cross overs and channels to suit the room and set up. For some reason the auto put the surrounds louder than the fronts but an hour of refining and adjustment you can get a good balance........Have a play its worth it

very happy so far and its improved my COD4 as i can pin point people sneaking up

just need to try it with a variety of movies

Good luck

A

Anonymous

Garth Man:

had a bit of a nightmare with mine, the L/F fronts kept saying out of phase

Clearly this wsn't the case and after 10 attemtps and moving the front speakers it finally did it!!!!??

Quality sound though

I had the same problem with the right front phase, the manual said to ignore this if you were sure all was ok (mine iwas ok visually using the internal cable colours and by tracing the physical cables) so I did.

Was plain sailing after that.

A

Anonymous

heystak:I tried my new 1910 for the first time last night - straight out of the box no Audysssey set up - and it sounded great. Would be interested to hear how the set up goes for you.

Apart from the issue mentioned above it was a breeze but I'm eager to get a Pioneer 320 Bluray (Out of Stock) to make full use of it as the demo I saw of Disney's Cars was outstanding in comparrison to the DVD version I currently have.

TRENDING THREADS