Denon AVR 1910 -- HELP PLEASE !!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi after waiting for many months for the sales to start, i saw the Richer Sounds sales start and thought this would be a good stepping stone to getting my ideaL home cinema system.

So i went ahead and bought a Denon AVR 1910, im also looking to buy a Mission MCube 5.1 speakers but need to save up more for that :( well i asked the guy at Richer Sounds if its possible use the unit to connect all my equipment to improve the quality until i buy the surround sound and he said this is possible you can just use the TV's own speakers for the time being, he just recomended i buy Scart to RCD (not sure the name scart which has 6 plugs at the end) to use for all my equipment that has scart output. It all sounded luvly until i got home and spend around 5 hours trying to get it to work, the only thing that worked was the PS3 which is on a HDMI cable.

what ive done up to now - i only saw two outputs for the componets one that says DVD the other DVR

- for the Virgin box i connected Green Blue and Red from the RCD to the Component Part of the AVR Unit saying DVD
- for the Satelite i connected Green, Blue, and Red from the RCD to the Component Part of the AVR Unit saying DVR
- The PS3 HDMI cable i connected this to HDMI Output but im still not sure which output to connect this to as on the side it says DVD, HDP, SAT,DVR

can sumone please help me know how this should be connected please and what seetings i needs to do to get it working

A

Anonymous

Yes but we have speakers to go with it
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

Ahh forget the sound for now, i just cant understand how it all works, can you help me get a picture up on the screen from the two composite units connected, the sound can be sorted later on (thank you)

A

Anonymous

What TV do you have? Also, how is connecting everything to your amp and then the amp to the TV going to improve picture quality as opposed to equipment connected direct to TV? Unless you're using the amp for scaling...

I'm really confused as to why you're even using the amp at all at the moment.

A

Anonymous

First of all you need a HDMI cable from the Denon to your TV.

Use the PS3 HDMI Cable for the time being- Connect it from the HDMI Out on the Denon (It will say HDMI Out) to your TV.

Then turn the Denon on - If you press the menu button on the Denon remote you should get a menu appear on screen. If not you have put the HDMI in the wrong output!!

Select an input source using the left dial on the Denon either DVD or DVR. Providing you have the device turned on and connected to the correct input (which ever one you selected) you will get the image on screen.

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

The TV im using is a Samsung 50" plasma, ive recently attached it to the wall and the distance from the tv to the equipment below is around 4 metres becasue of this the scart connections quality isnt to good and dont want to buy good quality scart now as ive bought the amp ive bought myself a good quality HDMI from tv to amp what i had in mind was to connect the virgin box, the satelite, and playstation in one place for scaling purposes and also less wiring running around the place.

Hope that makes sense ? once i buy the speakers i will still have the same problem of understanding how to get it working so if sumone knows how i could connect the scart to composite would be very helpfull.

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for the help, i dont have a problem with getting the PS3 to work that works but the composite connection which is the virgin box and the satellite is whats not working

A

Anonymous

Think you may need to configure the input assign options in the settings then, otherwise I am not sure. Its difficult trying to explain when you cant see it yourself.

Maybe some others may be able to help..

A

Anonymous

i totally agree but connecting speakers to my unit still doesnt help me get the picture on the TV i still need help getting the picture up, if anyone has a denon can you please tell me how you've connected a virgin box using a scart to composite cable

A

Anonymous

This probably isn't helping. But why are you using a scart or composite from your virgin box. Why don't you use a Virgin HD box and connect with HDMI ?

TRENDING THREADS