Definitive answer on connections for SD Virgin Box to Onk 606

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can someone please tell me what is the best way to connect my Virgin SD box to my new Onk 606 ? I've read through what seems like a million threads on this and everyone gets very vague when they get to this point. And please don't say 'upgrade to V+' !

I want to improve my pic quality mostly so, is S-video the only way to go or could I push the signal through a DVD recorder (scart to dvd & hdmi out). What would this do to the sound and pic quality ?

Can you also recommend the cables i'll need as well ( don't want much do I ?). It'll be running into 37PX80 at one end and Mission M Cubes at the other.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, S-video is your best bet, unless you use an RGB to component converter, which will cost you about £100 and IME gives less than predictable results.

A

Anonymous

Ok, if anyone has done this ( joined the 606 & Virgin SD with s-video) can they tell me if its worth it. I will watch some HD in the future (PS3 next purchase) but I tend to watch mainly SD tv.

Should I just put this back in the box and get something else more fitting and cheaper ?

A

Anonymous

The Onk is back in the box and I'm seriously considering a return. Apparently not a single Richer Sound store in the uk has 1 so it may be worth more than I paid.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You won't find any receiver able to take an RGB Scart output directly. S-video will be the best you can do, unless you upgrade your Virgin box to one with an HDMI or component video output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts