David at Frank Harvey Hifi David - do you have any news on the new Pioneer/Onkyo amps?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
What sort of info are you looking for specifically?

Well, I was curious with you selling of the Susano Pioneer was there something lined up to replace it? Are Onkyo and Pioneer working on something special? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
I'm afraid "I go' naffink". No details have emerged that I know about yet...
Ah okay, what amps currently have similar performance to the Susano? Not talking about Dolby Atmos or DTSX just pure 5.1 possibly 5.2 systems. I was looking at something similar to the upgrade of the Susano? Same sort of performance. Cheers!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Ah okay, what amps currently have similar performance to the Susano? Not talking about Dolby Atmos or DTSX just pure 5.1 possibly 5.2 systems. I was looking at something similar to the upgrade of the Susano? Same sort of performance. Cheers!

Is that a bargain big banana burning a hole in your pocket, or...? ;-)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
For that performance or better you're really looking at the Yamaha pre/power, or the Arcam AVR850 level, but obviously they'll come with Atmos etc.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

Is that a bargain big banana burning a hole in your pocket, or...? ;-)
Nope, just looking at things, it's not something I have considered much if at all. If the Susano deal was still going I would buy it now, I wasn't ready at the time of the deal. Looking around I can't find anything that competes with a £6000 amp.

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
For that performance or better you're really looking at the Yamaha pre/power, or the Arcam AVR850 level, but obviously they'll come with Atmos etc.
Cheers David, could you setup amps as part of a package deal? Wires and cables all in the correct place already just the the amp setting up? Cheers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Cheers David, could you setup amps as part of a package deal? Wires and cables all in the correct place already just the the amp setting up? Cheers.
We generally pass that on to a regular independent installer of ours (I say regular, we've used him for over 15 years now!) as there's only three of us in store, so usually pretty tricky getting time out.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:

The Yamaha DSP Z11 has similar performance levels to the Susano - they pop up on eBay/AVForums from time to time.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
Q5 said:
SC-LX89 replacement, new model number (2000!) and expected release date would be a starter.

I read somewhere that Pioneer usually announce their high end receivers in September each year?

They do, just trying to pull out some early info.

I can guarantee that the newer Pioneer AV receivers will be nowhere close to the Susano, considering Onkyo will be manufacturing them.

Gel, you need to hold and look for a new AV receiver with 4K compatibility. Don't buy a 7-8 year old model. They all have a limited shelf life, and 8 years is a long life in the amplifier world. They will begin to break down soon.

buzz_lightclick

bigboss said:
I can guarantee that the newer Pioneer AV receivers will be nowhere close to the Susano, considering Onkyo will be manufacturing them.

Gel, you need to hold and look for a new AV receiver with 4K compatibility. Don't buy a 7-8 year old model. They all have a limited shelf life, and 8 years is a long life in the amplifier world. They will begin to break down soon.

i agree, I think the SC-LX89 would be a good choice for Gel. 4K compatible and Pioneer's last flagship amp before the Onkyo buy out .

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
gel said:
We generally pass that on to a regular independent installer of ours (I say regular, we've used him for over 15 years now!) as there's only three of us in store, so usually pretty tricky getting time out.
Thanks for all the info, David. Very helpful - cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:

How long do amplifiers last then? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:

The Yamaha DSP Z11 has similar performance levels to the Susano - they pop up on eBay/AVForums from time to time.
Cheers buddy.

D

Deleted member 2457

Has anyone got a link to the new expensive Yamaha amps?

gel said:
Has anyone got a link to the new expensive Yamaha amps?  
David was referring to the Yamaha preamplifier and power amplifier combination (2 separate boxes), costing £5000 combined.

http://www.audioholics.com/av-preamp-processor-reviews/yamaha-aventage-cx-a5000-mx

Yamaha has since released an updated preamplifier, the 5100 with all the latest bells and whistles.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
How long do amplifiers last then? Cheers.

I'd be amazed if you'll ever keep ANY electrical item long enough to find out.

I had a system for 11 years once and sold every part in excellent working condition at the end of that time.

I know the person who bought the amp and it's still going strong despite being 20 years old now. (I have advised he get it serviced just for peace of mind.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts