Dark spots on van den hul clearwater

gasolin

I tried comparing my van den hul clearwater with my supra ply 3.4 and found some dark spots on the van den hul cable (ply a little more clear top but still neutral, clearwater had a bit more midbass,just a litte more punchier)

Anyone who can tell me what it is? Oxidation?

moerke-pletter-paa-van-den-hull-clearwater.jpg

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you rub it with your finger, does it stain your skin, or is it clearly from the inside? Looks like heat damage on the jacket, not oxidation.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like cable rot to me.
Sounds like cable rot to me. There's a lot of it on this forum.

Spot on comment, couldn't have put it better

He He

gasolin

Vladimir said:
If you rub it with your finger, does it stain your skin, or is it clearly from the inside? Looks like heat damage on the jacket, not oxidation.

It doesn't go way if i rub it

Had another set and there was also some dark spots, what i noticed was i used was a small rubberband and there was dark spot where the rubberband was,what seems strange is that it looks like it's on the cable theres these spots not on the clear rubber,isolation

276-1089-rubber-band.jpg

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
never seen that before its not the rubber band that you had round them that has done this like some sort of reaction with the to rubbers ? try a bit of washing up liquid and some water and rub on that spot to see if it will come of

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The insulation is decomposing and will eventually become conductable and possibly spread oxidation to the wires. I threw a pair of Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables this year because the insulation of two conductors was turning to green sludge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts