Q Acoustics 2010i vs Genelec 6010a

gasolin

Tried hooking my Q Acoustics 2010i up to my nad 3020i using supra PLY 3.4, normally i use classic 6.0

My genelecs are 2x12 watt each speaker so 2x20 watt in 8 ohm wouldn't be a problem blasting the tiny speakers to higher levels than my genelec, i do have a very dynamic amp (2010i's are 6ohm speakers), and with 4" woofer compared to a 3" woofer there somehow would be more bass.

Let me start by saying the genelecs can easily play as loud as you ever need studio monitors play, placed on each side of a big pc monitor with a short lisatening distance, they can keep up with the 2010i's until they both are loud enough.

2010's are -2db in the highs on my Nad C717 but sounded to bright that -2 db would be enough on the nad 3020i (do to the difference in speaker cable i don't know) and somehow the midrange sounded resounding (tranlated to english, i don't know if it's the right word) like i never noticed using them with my tv, bass punchier, mabye but often lakcing do to not being so extended, a bright sound with not to much bass (might be better closer to a corner), somehow dissapointing with my nad 3020i and supra ply 3.4 but great for tv with my nad c 717 highs -2 db and supra classic 6

I must also mention that max 2 feet of distance to the speakers they don't sound as good as mabye 4-6 feet (1.2-2meter),so in my experience they don't sound best used as studio monitors,close to where you sit and listen, but at a distance to fill a room with loud music they are good, for use as small party speakers they are not that bad.

Back to my genelecs, i didn't need to turn down the highs and more fuller,warmer sound with a bass that sounded more extended, impressive from tiny speakers half the weight of the 2010i's and with 2x12 watt each speaker, genelec must have done something right with the 6010a and biamping in studio monitors do sound different (in a possitive way) compared to passive speaker with a slightly more powerfull amp.

Now i just wish i could afford a pair of genelec 8030 or G Threes for even more extened bass (of course in white)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Gasolin, nice comparison, thanks.

Qacoustic sure make good value speakers. They are always reviewed favourably. - There are some new contenders in the budget sector but most cost more.

As to the Genelecs, I did have a listen to some tiny ones a few years ago. - I was a bit underwhelmed but to be honest I didn't really know what to expect and the surroundings (shop) were sub optimal. - It was also a long time ago so I can't exactly recall everything.

However, I had a look at Genelecs site and to me the 8040a or 'BPM' ... Not sure of the difference ... seems to hit the sweet spot for mid field or home set-ups. Good power and almost full frequency range.

Would be interesting to hear a pair of those.

gasolin

drummerman said:
Gasolin, nice comparison, thanks.

Qacoustic sure make good value speakers. They are always reviewed favourably. - There are some new contenders in the budget sector but most cost more.

As to the Genelecs, I did have a listen to some tiny ones a few years ago. - I was a bit underwhelmed but to be honest I didn't really know what to expect and the surroundings (shop) were sub optimal. - It was also a long time ago so I can't exactly recall everything.

However, I had a look at Genelecs site and to me the 8040a or 'BPM' ... Not sure of the difference ... seems to hit the sweet spot for mid field or home set-ups. Good power and almost full frequency range.

Would be interesting to hear a pair of those.

They are just so expesnsive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ZXT_XZs04&t

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts