DAC for Yamaha RX-V775 and KODI PC with HDMI

Tomislav

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

First I would like to say hello to everyone - I'm a bit new in this forum :) For some time, I am reading reviews and looking through forums, and now I'm asking the important question:
Should I buy a dedicated DAC for my home system? Or is the DAC in the Yamaha good enough? Will there be any noticable difference when I watch a BD concert or listen to flack files?
I'm using a PC with KODI instaled for watching/listening. This PC connects through a radeon HD 6450 wtih HDMI to my Yamaha RX-V775 receiver. My main question (concern) is (if I buy a DAC), how to connect this system PC - DAC - Yamaha, that everything will work OK? So that the audio will be full 5.1 and the video full HD.

The DAC's I was thinking about are:
Arcam irDAC
Audiolab M-DAC
NAD D 1050

Thank you for your help.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
While I know of multi-channel processors there aren't really any multi-channel DACs that I know of off the top of my head. Most DACs I know of only handle 2 channel, PCM (and sometimes DSD). None of those products are going to give you what you want because they are all 2-channel DACs for listening in stereo. I'd say stick with your HDMI connection and letting your receiver do the processing.

Tomislav

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. I tried out a simple nuforce DAC (for stereo test), and there wasn't any noticable difference. So yes, I'm sticking with my yamaha hdmi connection :)

jjbomber

Tomislav said:
I'm using a PC with KODI instaled for watching/listening.

Just a side note. the new Kodi 15.0 won't work on Apple devices apparently. Bad news for Gel, just before the start of the soccer season. Apple products being incompatable? whoever would have thought that? Anyway, if you are on a Mac, don't upgrade from 14.2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts