Need help with amp/dac under 1000$

d00

Dec 6, 2023
Visit site
Intro:
I have been a lurker on these forums for quite some time, and I want to thank everyone for the great time I had here, and I decided to ask you guys for advice regarding upgrading my gear.
Topic:

I currently own Byerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm and I use KGus K3 amp/dac.

I decided to purchase the Ananda v3 stealth and the Sundara closed backs. Having done that, I am looking to upgrade my amp/dac.

I am looking at the following options:

AIO:

1- TOPPING DX7 PRO+ (699.00 USD)

2- HIFIMAN EF600 (683.76 USD)

3- SMSL M500 MKIII (529.99 USD)

4- SMSL DO400 (454.09 USD)

My main concern with these is if they would be able to provide enough power as amps down the line once I get harder to drive headphones, and if I can integrate an amp with those.

DAC and AMP stack:
1- TOPPING E70V + TOPPING L70 (798.00 USD)

2- TOPPING A70 pro + TOPPING D70 pro Sabre (1,198.00 USD)

3- TOPPING DX7 PRO+ with TOPPING A70 pro (1,198.00 USD)

4- SMSL D400PRO + TOPPING L70 or TOPPING A70 pro ( 1120 USD with A70)

5- TOPPING D70 PRO OCTO + TOPPING L70 or TOPPING A70 pro ( 1110 USD with A70)

I am personally leaning towards TOPPING E70V + TOPPING L70. The other 3 options here would cost 300$ more and I'm not sure that the increase in quality/sound they provide would justify paying that.

This would be my first expensive amp and dac purchase so I don't have much experience in that. It would be nice to have something future-proof if possible.

Which would you recommend me and what would give me most value? Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm not in USA and purchasing things like Schiit products is out of the question as the tax/shipping on those cost me almost as much as the products themselves.

P.S.S. If I get a stack, what cables do I need to make my setup work, and how would I connect it? My source is a PC.

Last edited:

Friesiansam

I should think any of those integrated options would give you a nice upgrade. What are the rules regarding returns like in your country? If you can try them out and, return if you don't like, give a few a try to see how you get on with them, or go to a shop to try them, if that is possible. The only way for you to be sure which one is right for you, is to try them yourself.

d00

Dec 6, 2023
Visit site
I should think any of those integrated options would give you a nice upgrade. What are the rules regarding returns like in your country? If you can try them out and, return if you don't like, give a few a try to see how you get on with them, or go to a shop to try them, if that is possible. The only way for you to be sure which one is right for you, is to try them yourself.
Sadly, im currently in a remote place so I cannot try things, nor can I send things back, so it's tricky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts