Cyrus Streamline 2

GMan220

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Ive spent an age looking to buy my first decent Hi Fi setup and i am now within touching distance.

Up until a few days ago it was going to be the Marantz PM6005, Pioneer N50 or CA Stream Magic and Monitor BX2's.

But I've just seen the Cyrus Streamline2 for £699, and as a one box starting point that would've originally been over £1k I am tempted. My only fears are-

1) whether the Cyrus will be fussy with file qualities

2)although this is originally more expensive kit will I regret opting for an all in one

3)is the Cyrus perhaps a little underpowered at 30w per channel

4)I have heard the Cyrus could be fussy with speaker pairing and not sure if the BX2's would do it justice

Any help much appreciated.

Ivek

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Cyrus Streamline 2 for almost a year and have never regretted it. I start with the answers:

1) I have never had any probems with music files. The most of mine files are flac and wav, but I've tried other files. It plays flawlessly. I use only 325 GB hard disc on USB input.

2) I've never regretted. But it's only me. The only and the majdor drawback is the leak of analog inputs. Therefore I cannot connect the turnable. I cannot understand why Cyrus didn't allow the possibility of analog connections since the majoritiy of all in one streamers such as Naim Unitiqute, Sony HP-S1, Cambridge Audio Minx, Marantz and Denon have this option.

3) Alhough 30 wpc seems underpowerd I could drive several loudspeakers without any problems. Even loudspeakers of Dynaudio's DM series which are considered to be power hungry. It's ok for room up to 20 m2, but I reckon it's not enough for bigger rooms. I think Cyrus will be more then up to task when driving Your Monitors. But I don't whether is good match.

4) I've auditioned Streamline with Missions, Dynaudios, Audio Physic Martin Logan motion and PSB loudspeakers. It did fine job. I didn't like combo with sounus faber. I have never heard your loudspeakers. If I were You I would audition Your speakers with streamline. That's the only way to find out.

I hope this help.

TRENDING THREADS