Pairing B & W 685 S2 or Dali Ikon 1 mk 2 with Cyrus 6a Amplifier

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi to all, i intend to upgrade my speakers. I am currently pairing the Cyrus 6a Amp with the Dali Zensor 1. I had shortlisted the B&W 685 S2 and the Dali Ikon 1 mk 2. As such, i would like to seek advice from you guys on the choice. Thank you very much!

PhilRis

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, recently had the same dilemma. I also have a Cyrus 6a dac and previously ran a set of kef iq's, the detail was great but the sound too thin at times.

I demoed a lot if speakers, including the kef r range. I immediately liked the b+w 685 s2's. They sound good across a wide range of genres, indie, blues, electronic. I wanted a speaker that would produce a warm, deep sound with bass. These do the job nicely and so pleased with them.

I think if you get the combo right with Cyrus then the sound can be amazing. I also use audioquest blue speaker cable which helps keep everything balanced. Enjoy!!

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
What a concidence! I am also using Audioquest blue speaker cable. In the end i did not choose either the Dali Ikon1 mk2 or the B & W 685 S2. I brought a lot of CDs including genres like Jazz, vocals, instrumental to the showroom to try on both speakers but i am still not satisfied as i found both of them sound too bright for me. I was in a dillemma and intend to walk out when the sales guy asked me if i mind trying an older model from B & W, The CM1. Immediately i was wowed by it and it performed well on all the CDs that i brought and i found it easy to listen to. It is a very balanced speakers with music and vocal complementing each other well without overpowering each other. Even though this model is 7 years old but i decided to trust my ears. And with 5 years warranty from the showroom, this deal is too hard too resist.

TRENDING THREADS