Streaming System

GMan220

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Ive spent an age looking to buy my first decent Hi Fi setup and i am now within touching distance.

Up until a few days ago it was going to be the Marantz PM6005, Pioneer N50 or CA Stream Magic and Monitor BX2's.

But I've just seen the Cyrus Streamline2 for £699, and as a one box starting point that would've originally been over £1k I am tempted. My only fears are-

1) whether the Cyrus will be fussy with file qualities

2)although this is originally more expensive kit will I regret opting for an all in one

3)is the Cyrus perhaps a little underpowered at 30w per channel

4)I have heard the Cyrus could be fussy with speaker pairing and not sure if the BX2's would do it justice

Any help much appreciated.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If streamer is what you all need I recommend CA Stream Magic 6 v2 which on top of a streamer will act as a pre amp too ( Pioneer N50 won't do that) and a pair of active speakers.. and you can have it all at around £1000 - £1200 depending what speakers you will choose.. go to your nearest pro audio shop and have a listen.. you may be surprised what sort of sound quality money can buy... in fact I'm goinng tomorrow to check myself Stream Magic 6 v2 with my active Yamahas HS8.

GMan220

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, whilst that's a great shout I'm intrigued to get opinion on the Cyrus before venturing out at this stage and to avoid discounting all avenues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts