currys need a say more! help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

the_lhc:markjaspi:I don't know what happened above, but I was trying to agree with "the record spot" on this one.

You put your comment inside the quotes instead of at the end of the post. You can edit your posts to fix this sort of thing.

I thought that was the case and I know you can, thanks for the input. The Mrs has pinched the iPad and reading / posting on the iPhone is sooo difficult.

A

Anonymous

And then I go and post the same thing twice, note to self don't use this iPhone again for the forum posting.

T

the record spot

chebby:
the record spot:So what? I have no idea why the OP posted as he did, maybe he writes in own dialect and stream of consciousness, it's not for me to judge.

Thank goodness he didn't write 'intergrated'.

Nice effort, sadly, your tone sucks even more. Add arrogant to the list.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You have a list?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

chebby:You have a list?
emotion-2.gif

Like mine, probably unprintable!

A

Anonymous

Your arrogance shows no bounds. If it makes you happy then you go ahead. People with decency are worth far more than people with intelligence.

A

Anonymous

chebby:
Max correctly pointed out my sloppy spelling of 'consciousness'. (But then deleted his comment.)

Thanks.

Duly noted and corrected.

i didn't want to get involved in any arguments.

seriously chebby, you are very witty, and i don't think you intended to humiliate the op, but live and let live? not everyone feels the need to be word perfect, (which your correction wasn't) i think you should apologise to the op and leave it at that
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a couple of lists. For example, I have one which reminds me of the things I need to do and by when, lest I forget. I have one with the cds I wish to buy and another with dvds, just so that I can keep track.

Seriously though, it would seem hypocritical and a little odd for someone to complain of a spelling error, which doesn't hinder the understanding, and then criticise someone else for rendering what was an otherwise almost (forgive me for saying so) unintelligible post, into something far more in line with the norms of punctuation, thus making it easy to understand, and provide answers to. I don't see any harm in that. There's word perfect and then there's completely ignoring pretty much all punctuation which, frankly, makes things difficult and a little annoying for the reader.

A

Anonymous

chebby:
Alas, it was fun chaps but I must be off now.

Night night.

This will get me banned but *** it. Chebby you are a smarmy ***. Away and *** yourself! You are a horrible, patronising, self righteous piece of ***! Choke on your bloody Horlicks!

A

Anonymous

hmtb:
I have a couple of lists. For example, I have one which reminds me of the things I need to do and by when, lest I forget. I have one with the cds I wish to buy and another with dvds, just so that I can keep track.

Seriously though, it would seem hypocritical and a little odd for someone to complain of a spelling error, which doesn't hinder the understanding, and then criticise someone else for rendering what was an otherwise almost (forgive me for saying so) unintelligible post, into something far more in line with the norms of punctuation, thus making it easy to understand, and provide answers to. I don't see any harm in that. There's word perfect and then there's completely ignoring pretty much all punctuation which, frankly, makes things difficult and a little annoying for the reader.

are you reffering to me my learned friend?

sometimes certain people on this forum choose to use their undoubted intelligence to correct others in a manner that may appear condescending and patrionising to those being corrected, whilst at the same time presumably having a little eccentric chuckle to themselves each time one of their fellow like minded forumites chimes in with their own little contribution to the intellectual wordplay and backslapping that often ensues.

fine for those that play the game, not so for those being corrected imo..

to use an old footballing analogy.. "no player or players are bigger than the team"
emotion-5.gif
(even if they're good friends with the chairman
emotion-1.gif
)

T

the record spot

hmtb:

Deal with it. And do feel free to name me in your post if you're taking the time to obliquely refer to me.

An unintellgible post was it? Or you just couldn't be a**ed working it out in, what, a minute? Please. Spare me the righteousness. Oh, and if you or anyone else can't work out a humourous intent against small-minded, arrogant, cheap shot laden efforts, then there's something else for you to deal with.

As for your last sentence, that just makes me laugh. You found it "annoying" eh? Maybe the guy's not a good speller, maybe he's dyslexic, maybe he doesn't have command of the grammar, could even be all three - who are you to judge? Like Chebby and the sad little spoonfuls of bitterness he dishes out from time to time, away and think again. Neither of you do this site any favours.

A

Anonymous

the record spot:hmtb:

Deal with it. And do feel free to name me in your post if you're taking the time to obliquely refer to me.

An unintellgible post was it? Or you just couldn't be a**ed working it out in, what, a minute? Please. Spare me the righteousness. Oh, and if you or anyone else can't work out a humourous intent against small-minded, arrogant, cheap shot laden efforts, then there's something else for you to deal with.

As for your last sentence, that just makes me laugh. You found it "annoying" eh? Maybe the guy's not a good speller, maybe he's dyslexic, maybe he doesn't have command of the grammar, could even be all three - who are you to judge? Like Chebby and the sad little spoonfuls of bitterness he dishes out from time to time, away and think again. Neither of you do this site any favours.

Why couldn't I say something like that?

A

Anonymous

Hi Max. No, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the record spot, to whom the remainder of this post is directed.

I did work out the meaning of what was written and then I gave my opinion as to which TV I would choose in response. My subsequent post was intended to point out the seemingly disparate views you seem to hold regarding the correction of someone else's English, using as a point of reference, the issue you previously made about the incorrect spelling of 'integrated' and comparing it to your stance in this case, where you so vociferously opposed such a correction, whilst also pointing out the importance of proper punctuation to a reader. No more, no less. I don't think I came across too badly and I find your angry tone to be unnecessary.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bobbyg81:the record spot:the_lhc:

No but if people want as much assistance as this forum can offer they're more likely to get it if their question is written and phrased in an intelligible manner.

I repeat my earlier point and would add that it took me a minute or so to read and understand the OP's post as I went. No issues.

I'm pretty sure 99% of people managed to read and understand the post fine.

It was a general point but this thread would seem to suggest the figure is far less than that.

But where would the fun be in just answering the question? Far more fun to take some time out from your radio drama and be a patronising %#@!.

Given I don't listen to radio dramas I'll assume this was aimed at me...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
markjaspi:And then I go and post the same thing twice, note to self don't use this iPhone again for the forum posting.

[:)] If you notice quickly enough and nobody follows up your post you can also delete duplicates, I have to do it all the time when the page times out posting a comment.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81:This will get me banned but *** it. Chebby you are a smarmy ***. Away and *** yourself! You are a horrible, patronising, self righteous piece of ***! Choke on your bloody Horlicks!

Correct. It got you banned. And the thread locked.

TRENDING THREADS