Want to upgrade my speakers. Need some suggestions and help

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Since I like to have decent products and like a reason to keep upgrading certain things in my life I think I would like some new speakers sometime next year!

In my home cinema setup (also listen to music regularly) my speakers I guess are the weak link. Here's my setup

sony kdl-46w905 tv

sony bdps-5200 Blu ray player

sony str-dn1040 av receiver

dali vokal centre speaker

dali ikon sub mk2

dali zensor 3 bookshelf speakers

I am happy with everything except my speakers. Sure they are good for the money but there are quite important in the setup and back when I bought them I didn't think I would have a 3.1 setup and eventually a 5.1 setup In the future. I chose them over the MA bronze bx2 just for the bass. Which is not that big a deal now I have a sub for most of that department.

I can't even look for a specific speaker I would like to possibly buy in the future as I don't know if I need floorstanders or bookshelf. Is there any point having a floorstanders if I have a decent sub already?

I demod some speakers earlier this year when I first wanted to upgrade and I tried floorstanders (before I bought a sub) I tried the zensor 5s, monitor audio silver 6 and I think the 8s too. Also tried the b&w 684 s2. None of them speakers amazed me that much and I would say the b&w sounded the best even better than MA. I would like good quality and detail in the mid and upper ranges.

b&w 685 s2 are the only speakers at the moment which look good and have very good reviews so I would like to try them. Although my entire system is black in colour scheme so I would like to keep with that for the speakers if possible. Do I have to get a new centre channel too with different speakers? It all seems a lot of messing about. As the current speaker stands too might not be the best for any speaker I buy. I have the sound style z2 stands. Any help would be appreciated. If I had to give a max budget I would say £600 but £500-550 would be better.

gasolin said:
bigboss said:
Your fronts and centre have to match.

?

I see alot of people do that i hate it, i can't respect people like them, it's terrible, would never do that my self, altleast it's all dali's

That's your choice, but they should totally match for better integration. There's a reason why a lot of people do that. No idea why you should hate anyone making sensible decisions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts