Currys and Sellotape!

michael hoy

Just been to my local Currys outlet today, had a look at the 50" Panasonic 3D VT20, the 3D effect was very good for an in shop demo.

Also had a look at the Samsung UE46C8000 but not in 3D, whilst looking at this set there was a 40" Samsung LED at the side of it and noticed the HDMI lead sticking out of the side. Being curious I tried to make the cable not stick out, this proved to be impossible, it kept springing back the salesman noticed what I was trying to do and said you could stick it down with Sellotape, at this point I left only to be told by my wife she wanted a 3D TV.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Some of the Samsung models come with cable clips mounted to the rear of the housing to dress the cables out of sight and down behind the upright of the stand.

michael hoy

Andrew Everard:Some of the Samsung models come with cable clips mounted to the rear of the housing to dress the cables out of sight and down behind the upright of the stand.

Hi Andrew,

I did have a quick look at the back, but did not see anywhere the cable could be clipped to, my hdmi lead is also a lot thicker than the lead that was plugged in.

The side facing connectors appeared to be less of an issue on the 46" set than on the 40", distance from socket to edge of screen being greater on the 46" set.

Maybe I am being too fussy, but I do not like cables sticking out in my line of sight when watching the TV.

The salesman just shrugged his shoulders said sellotape and walked off.

cliffster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi Michael.

Realise this is an old post, but if you are still looking for a solution you might try this. Panasonic rp-cdhf15 Its a hdmi cable with a 90 degree knuckle at the end. works really well with side ports and for wall mounted stuff where clearance is tight.

bought mine from Amazon, about 15 quid if memory serves

Cliff.

TRENDING THREADS