bobchiba

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
currently have an Alpha 8R and a Rega P1 running some floorstanding missions. I've recently moved into a new place and my room has very little floor space, so cant run the missions. I was thinking of generaly downsizing my setup not necessarily in quality but i need a good compact setup. My dad has always had a Creek 4040s2 and every time listen to it, it amazes me how good it sounds. I know these go quit cheap on fleabay but was wondering technically and possibly sound-wise, what the elusive later models that never seem to be up for sale are like, i.e 4140, 4240, etc as I love the creek but would like a tad more power maybe. I have it in my mind I will run some wharfdale diamonds or maybe look out for some older b&w or quads to wall mount. (I am aware the 8R is a more sophisticated amp but theres also a financial element to downsizing)

Any thought much appreciated!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

If you can stretach to it, get a creek evo and epos m5 speakers. I have them in my bedroom and they make a lovely sound. Both of them have been superseeded by new models, so they should not be a big dent in a budget, but you don't say how much you have to play with.

Epos and creek are made by the same company (well they are situated next door to eachother!) and they sound great together.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
potboyslim:
Hi,

If you can stretach to it, get a creek evo and epos m5 speakers. I have them in my bedroom and they make a lovely sound. Both of them have been superseeded by new models, so they should not be a big dent in a budget, but you don't say how much you have to play with.

Epos and creek are made by the same company (well they are situated next door to eachother!) and they sound great together.

The Evo is a superb amp with power aplenty.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
potboyslim:Epos and creek are made by the same company (well they are situated next door to eachother!) and they sound great together.

No, right first time...

A

Anonymous

I think there are some M5s (original model) on fleabay. They'll take a bit of getting used to after Mission floorstanders though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts