Speakers for sony ta fb740r

ianb

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys I've just changed from an AV setup to a standard sony ta fb740r twin speaker setup. Obviously I have speakers for my sony to use from the AV onkyo setup is going to make sense for the time being,I have a lovely pair of acoustic solutions powerforce 2000s I'm planning on using for the A speakers then i have a problem I need some help with I have 3 pairs of speakers for the B setup. First is a pair of gale 4040s,second is a pair of mission 760is and finally a pair of mission 731is?. Anybody any experience or knowledge of these mentioned? I originally was gonna go 4040s but had some bad feedback and maybe a smaller pair of either missions might pair up better with the amp and acoustic solutions powerforce 2000s? Any views appreciated.

matthewpianist

The 760i are nice budget speakers and certainly worth a try. My question - are you planning to run the A and B speaker simultaneously or are you just giving yourself the option of listening with the floor standers OR the smaller speakers?

The other small speakers you might consider secondhand are the KEF Coda 7s or 8s. They're a bit more full-bodied than the Missions and might suit your tastes better.

ianb

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
The 760i are nice budget speakers and certainly worth a try. My question - are you planning to run the A and B speaker simultaneously or are you just giving yourself the option of listening with the floor standers OR the smaller speakers?

The other small speakers you might consider secondhand are the KEF Coda 7s or 8s. They're a bit more full-bodied than the Missions and might suit your tastes better.
I was planning on running 2 pairs

Yes both at the same time
There is no benefit in running both at the same time if you plan to have speaker set B in the same room, this is not what stereo is about.
If, however, you plan to have set B located in a different room then you will have to be careful with the efficiency of the speakers you are using.
I am no familiar with the speakers you mention but I would use the most efficient pair you have whichever that may be.

Reactions: matthewpianist

ianb

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
There is no benefit in running both at the same time if you plan to have speaker set B in the same room, this is not what stereo is about.
If, however, you plan to have set B located in a different room then you will have to be careful with the efficiency of the speakers you are using.
I am no familiar with the speakers you mention but I would use the most efficient pair you have whichever that may be.
That's great advice thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts