Question Couple of questions about projector for a 6ft room.

davidb2002

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a room which is 6ft wide (wall to wall), with a blank wall which would be great for a projector for casual gaming and a little bit of film watching. Light is easily controlled in the room as I have blackout curtains and blinds.

I've never bought a projector before, so this is all new territory for me. On top of that, my budget is under £200. So on the cheap side of things.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Throw distance - Many of the projectors i'm shortlisting have a throw distance minimum of 6ft. considering the projectors depth, the lens will actually be about 5ft from the wall. Do projectors still perform okay if they are just outside of their throw range? I'm having trouble finding something suitable with the distance i have. ultra short throws are really expensive!

2. Mounting - I initially thought of putting the projector on an Ikea shelf about 6ft up. However, I don't quite understand how the projector's angle works. Does a projector's screen 'bottom' line up with the projector? Is there some sort of angle I have to consider? If it's high up, do I need to turn it up-side-down?

I'm currently considering the Vankyo V600, Vankyo 510 and the GooDee G500. All our low budget projectors, and my expectations are low and reasonable on what to expect from them. However, any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts