Congratulations to our competition winners!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Three lucky people have won the Cambridge Audio/Q Acoustics hi-fi systems we were giving away in our April competition:

George Turner, Aurel Mihalyffy and Anthony Strip.

And the winner of our Samsung 3D TV competition in the May issue is Greg Matthews.

Congratulations to one and all! Don't forget you can enter our current competitions here.

A

Anonymous

any chance of the forum usernames of the winners , so we,ll know who were feeling jeleous of
emotion-1.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:I know I've asked this before but has the Sonos S5 competition been drawn, pretty sure that predated both of these competitions?

I gather the Sonos competition was drawn some time back, and the winners notified directly.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:the_lhc:I know I've asked this before but has the Sonos S5 competition been drawn, pretty sure that predated both of these competitions?
I gather the Sonos competition was drawn some time back, and the winners notified directly.

Might have been nice to let the rest of us know, I've been waiting on that one for ages, that's why I've been banging on about so much!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I think you'll find I said some time back that as soon as competitions were drawn the winners would be notified directly.

Yes but if the rest of us are never told that the competition has even been drawn we'll never know that we haven't won and just keep waiting won't we?

And why was that one so special? Every other competition has the result mentioned on here, so why not that one?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Oh rats!

I was looking forward to the 650A and selling the 650C to get a 650T. Then selling my present system and getting some Harbeths (and a pair of B&W MM-1s for my laptop.)

Then...

I was going to enjoy the hoo-hah on the forum about running Harbeths from a budget CA amp then...

I had plans.

Now i'm going to have to actually pay for stuff
emotion-6.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:Yes but if the rest of us are never told that the
competition has even been drawn we'll never know that we haven't won and
just keep waiting won't we?

Well no, I'd expect anyone who's told that the winners of a competition have been notified might assume they haven't won if they haven't heard anything.

But if we have failed to publish a list of winners online it's purely an oversight - the winners have definitely been notified. I will endeavour to get a list of winners from our publishing people and put it online, if you'll promise to stop grizzling...

A

Anonymous

just a thought , but what about releasing future winners forum usernames on the forum ? and email the people directly , that way they keep their uninamnimainneimaty , and we get to see who won , in our little parallel universe ..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Well no, I'd expect anyone who's told that the winners of a competition have been notified might assume they haven't won if they haven't heard anything.

You didn't say HAVE been notified, you said WOULD be notified, future tense. If you'd said have been notified, I'd have known the draw had taken place and gone and bought my own S5 weeks ago. The last official communique regarding this one was that it had been held up in whatever department is responsible for making the draws and nothing was heard since.

But I will endeavour to get a list of winners from our publishing people and put it online, if you'll promise to stop grizzling...

I don't care who won, I just wanted to know whether it had been drawn or not as I was specifically waiting for it. I know now, so that's all that matters.

I still don't get why this one competition result wasn't announced though, when all the others are, that's just odd.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:just a thought , but what about releasing future winners forum usernames on the forum ? and email the people directly , that way they keep their uninamnimainneimaty , and we get to see who won , in our little parallel universe ..

You've started on the beer early today Max!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:just a thought , but what about releasing future winners forum usernames on the forum ? and email the people directly , that way they keep their uninamnimainneimaty , and we get to see who won , in our little parallel universe ...

Again, not all forum members may wish it to be known what they have won. I think the way we have done it in the case of the two competitions above is fine, but of course any forum members who have won something and wish to share their good news with the world is more than welcome to shout about it here.

And of course winners of competitions only have to be registered for the site - they don't have to be regular forum contributors, or even occasional ones...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:I still don't get why this one competition result wasn't announced though, when all the others are, that's just odd.

It's not odd at all, just an oversight. You really are reading far too much into this...

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:
maxflinn:just a thought , but what about releasing future winners forum usernames on the forum ? and email the people directly , that way they keep their uninamnimainneimaty , and we get to see who won , in our little parallel universe ..

You've started on the beer early today Max!

na , i go to my mams for dinner on weekdays , gotta drive so no beer ,never drink in the daytime anyway , i might have 4 cans when i get back home though ..

since ive gotten these new speakers etc ive had a good shot at becoming an alcho , but luckily it didnt grab hold , i will have a few this wkend though to celebrate the arrival of my rx6s , and then i think i might have to start thinking about getting a life , going to the gym , drinking tea etc , drat....
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

chebby:
George Turner, Aurel Mihalyffy and Anthony Strip.

Hi. Enjoy the amp I promised myself! Well done
emotion-9.gif

No hard feelings.
loool
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:just a thought , but what about releasing future winners forum usernames on the forum ? and email the people directly , that way they keep their uninamnimainneimaty , and we get to see who won , in our little parallel universe ...

Again, not all forum members may wish it to be known what they have won. I think the way have done it in the case of the two competitions above is fine, but of course any forum members who have won something and wish to share their good news with the world is more than welcome to shout about it here.

And of course winners of competitions only have to be registered for the site - they don't have to be regular forum contributors, or even occasional ones...

ah i see , that does seem the best way to do it ok
emotion-21.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:the_lhc:I still don't get why this one competition result wasn't announced though, when all the others are, that's just odd.
It's not odd at all, just an oversight. You really are reading far too much into this...

I'm not actually reading anything into it, I'd have made some ridiculous comment about a conspiracy theory if I was (incidentally at least one of those names at the top of the thread looks suspiciously made up...*), I'm just venting some frustration because I'd asked on at least two occasions to be told when this comp was drawn and it still didn't happen.

*This is humour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts