Competitions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After months of not being able to enter competitions because I couldn't even log into the site, I am now able to do so, even though my old password no longer worked. But why do two of the current competitions have a 'Vote' button rather than an 'Enter' button, and then have a 'Cancel vote' button after voting/entering?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Apologies for that. No idea why the comps now say vote....I'll need to check with the site's tech team in the morning; they have been doing some work on the site this week, which could explain things!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's a default on the site software, and one I been begging to get changed. Bit like the button on the forums that says 'save' and should logically say 'post' or 'send'

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies. Can you confirm that my entries would still have been accepted (since I was presented with the 'cancel vote' option after 'voting')?

One other thing - last time I used the site, I had to set up a new password, but it didn't work when I tried to log on today, and I had to go through the 'forgotten password' process yet again.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, they will have been accepted.

And provided you're using your username and password to log-in, all should now be well. If you have further problems email me at the usual contact address, and we'll do a workaround on the password

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, I always post names of the winners here on the Forums and of course they will be contacted directly by email with details of how to claim their prize.

A

Anonymous

Andy

Can you please point the way to the competition results/winners, as I can't find them on the site currently?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. I did miss these previously.

Shame, I didn't win the PB1i's; they would have been very nice. Though, I haven't seen the results of the Spendor A5 competition yet, so fingers crossed. TBH, the Spendors would be a much better match for my system/room anyway.

Cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
...And of course if you do win a competition we contact you using the email address you used when you registered: it's not a case of you having to spot the forum announcement then claim your prize.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
vpacalypse said:
whilst on subject, for the competition held every month or so...how many applicants are there for the prize...what are the chances of winning?

The entry numbers vary from month to month and from prize to prize. Suffice it to say we now have getting on for 100,000 registered members, many of whom enter the competitions, so really the only was to ensure you're in with a chance (provided, that is, you are in the UK and thus eligible to win) is to make sure you enter!

A

Anonymous

Andrew

Any news on when the lovely Spendor A5 competition results will be announced?

Many thanks.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
...And of course if you do win a competition we contact you using the email address you used when you registered: it's not a case of you having to spot the forum announcement then claim your prize.

What a relief, but at the same time, damn.

A

Anonymous

Andrew

Any news on the Spendor competition results? There does appear to be a quite significant lag between the closing date of some competitions and the annoucement of the results. Is this the norm ?

Still fingers crossed regards the possibility of winning a pair of lovely A5s'!

Many thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Chiswick said:
There does appear to be a quite significant lag between the closing date of some competitions and the annoucement of the results. Is this the norm ?

As I understand from the publishing team, sometimes there's a lag as they don't get an immediate response when they email a winner. This could be because someone is not regularly monitoring that email address, or maybe they're away on holiday. We give a reasonable period for a winner to respond to (multiple) emails about the competition - if we get no response after that time, we draw a fresh winner and the process starts again. All this may take several weeks, obviously - and we can't publish the winners list until we have confirmed winners.

Plus, of course, competitions are just one thing our busy publishing team have to handle, so they may not be drawing a winner the instant a competition closes!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
As I understand from the publishing team, sometimes there's a lag as they don't get an immediate response when they email a winner. This could be because someone is not regularly monitoring that email address, or maybe they're away on holiday. We give a reasonable period for a winner to respond to (multiple) emails about the competition - if we get no response after that time, we draw a fresh winner and the process starts again. All this may take several weeks, obviously - and we can't publish the winners list until we have confirmed winners.

I monitor my email address constantly, hint hint...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
This could be because someone is not regularly monitoring that email address, or maybe they're away on holiday. We give a reasonable period for a winner to respond to (multiple) emails about the competition - if we get no response after that time, we draw a fresh winner and the process starts again.

Clare (it may well do so, but if not...) you should probably clarify in the Ts&Cs that a winner will be notified by email to the sign-up email address, and if they don't respond after [28] days, you will re-draw. You don't want someone suing you for several thousand pounds worth of kit because they don't monitor their email address!