Comedy please!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
The wife and I have got into watching some comedy box sets of an evening instead of the drone of regular t.v, we have got through black books, the it crowd and psychoville. I am in need of some more recommendations to continue the laughter! All things considered old or new and we are not adverse to a bit of weirdness or obscurity. Thanks!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
Father Ted is a must.

Frasier. (Unless you don't like US comedy.)

Go on go on go on, I think we have both seen father ted alot! I am a bit on and off with US comedy but I have seen some Frasier (quite a while ago) and liked it, could be one to give a go, thanks

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
bob.g said:
For me 'allow, allow' still remains one of the funniest ever

I remember watching it first time round when I was much too young to understand it, not sure my wife would let me watch it tho!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
Coupling. (First three series with 'Jeff' are best.)

[Edit. Someone got there first. Sorry.]

There have been more than 3 series?! How have I missed this one? Was it on itv or something?!

A

Anonymous

Id get involved with Nathan Barley, Brass Eye, The Mighty Boosh and the Smoking Room. Trailer Park Boys and Summer Heights High.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
I'd add the six episodes of Chris Morris genius that were The Day Today - whole series available for just £5.97 at Amazon. Bargain!

Was that only 6 episodes? Jeez, I still remember snorting tea out of my nose watching the feature on Hip-Hop with rapper Fur Q, the video of one of his songs (which starts with just about every swear word you can think of) was brilliant, in my mind at least...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That MTV segment was one of my favourites, too. I believe the song was Uzi Lover. :)

EDIT - Yes it is. And it's on YouTube. I won't link to it, as it really is quite remarkably sweary....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
That MTV segment was one of my favourites, too. I believe the song was Uzi Lover. :)

EDIT - Yes it is. And it's on YouTube. I won't link to it, as it really is quite remarkably sweary....

Sampling Phil Collins! I guess someone has to, just found it myself, it's definitely "quite" sweary! Very well done though, I'd buy it...

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
xtrmntr said:
Id get involved with Nathan Barley, Brass Eye, The Mighty Boosh and the Smoking Room. Trailer Park Boys and Summer Heights High.

A friend of mine recommended the trailer park boys so will check that out. Thanks very much for the recommendations!

I had forgotten about brass eye and the day today, thInk I have seen most of them but could be good to watch again!

Thanks all for the great ideas I may renew my love film membership, I have a three months for the price of 1 they keep sending me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts