How To Help with Setup - Vinyl player, amp and speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Thank you, that is very helpful. It makes complete sense too that different amps will sound different. You'd think I would know that being a guitar player with multiple amplifiers.
Do you have a favorite 'middle shelf' turntable? I'm not a super collector or audiophile but I do enjoy the vinyl.
I'm looking at the Audio Technica LP60 or the Fluance RT81. Can you recommend any?
What’s your budget and which country are you in? Pricing outside the UK is a blind spot in most cases, so it’s often dependent on what you’re likely to pay.

Have you ever used a turntable before, or are you starting out with records? It’s just that some are easier to use/set up than others.

Thank you, that is very helpful. It makes complete sense too that different amps will sound different. You'd think I would know that being a guitar player with multiple amplifiers.
Do you have a favorite 'middle shelf' turntable? I'm not a super collector or audiophile but I do enjoy the vinyl.
I'm looking at the Audio Technica LP60 or the Fluance RT81. Can you recommend any?
I would add Project T1 to your list if it is available where you live

pete67

Jan 8, 2023
Visit site
What’s your budget and which country are you in? Pricing outside the UK is a blind spot in most cases, so it’s often dependent on what you’re likely to pay.

Have you ever used a turntable before, or are you starting out with records? It’s just that some are easier to use/set up than others.
Oh, sure. It's not my first rodeo. I'm 55 and foolishly got rid of my records 30 years ago. I was moving across country and wanted to lighten my burden. The last one I had was a technics belt drive with adjustable speed. That was a nice feature 'cause I was playing guitar along with records and everyone's pitch seemed to vary slightly.
Now I'm settled down and records are ubiquitous in my area. I have a handful of records I can't play and couldn't find anywhere didgitally. Plus, I miss the warmth of the sound, the nostalgia.
I'm in the US. Are there some British brands that are available here? I grew up with a Gerrard but those are obviously in the 'vintage' category now.
I guess I'm willing to spend $500 or so. Something I don't have to fiddle with too much.

Oh, sure. It's not my first rodeo. I'm 55 and foolishly got rid of my records 30 years ago. I was moving across country and wanted to lighten my burden. The last one I had was a technics belt drive with adjustable speed. That was a nice feature 'cause I was playing guitar along with records and everyone's pitch seemed to vary slightly.
Now I'm settled down and records are ubiquitous in my area. I have a handful of records I can't play and couldn't find anywhere didgitally. Plus, I miss the warmth of the sound, the nostalgia.
I'm in the US. Are there some British brands that are available here? I grew up with a Gerrard but those are obviously in the 'vintage' category now.
I guess I'm willing to spend $500 or so. Something I don't have to fiddle with too much.
if you can stretch to it, as I don't know what it costs where you are, the Canadian Fluance RT85 has a lot going for it

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts