cocteau twins - treasure

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i only discovered the 'twins in the last year and totally love the music. blue bell knoll was the first album i got into, and i really like the last 3 albums accomplished sound.

however, lately i've been listening to treasure, what a brilliant album it is, i would have to give it a 10/10. it sounds raw, with lots going on but it all comes together perfectly. highlight for me is amelia, liz sounds so haunting, and as with all their tracks, you can pick out many different instruments playing as well.

this music is why i am getting into hifi, and can no longer sound cheap stereos with a muddy sound.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
The films by Jean Cocteau, who inspired their name, are certainly worth searching out too (Beauty and the Beast, Orpheus).
emotion-2.gif

SteveR750

Its a classic album, sadly my vinyl version that I have had since a student in the early 80's was ruined in a flood. Very different from their This Mortal Coil songs; though Song to the Siren remains a classic heart wrencher of course. And at least Pearly Dew Drop Drops contained real words....

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
olneyben:
i only discovered the 'twins in the last year and totally love the music. blue bell knoll was the first album i got into, and i really like the last 3 albums accomplished sound.

however, lately i've been listening to treasure, what a brilliant album it is, i would have to give it a 10/10. it sounds raw, with lots going on but it all comes together perfectly. highlight for me is amelia, liz sounds so haunting, and as with all their tracks, you can pick out many different instruments playing as well.

this music is why i am getting into hifi, and can no longer sound cheap stereos with a muddy sound.

I really like the Twins as well,Four Calender Cafe is one of my faves,love that "wall of sound" err sound

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
This is my favourite thread at the moment. I think it`s fantastic that this music has inspired you to seek out better ways to listen to it. Nice one!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts