Chromecast 2- first impressions

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Just received and installed a chromecast mk2. I ordered the hdmi version because it works with the free version of Spotify of which I wasn't sure with the audio version. Also the added functionality of streaming pictures and or videos appealed to me. First impressions are:

-nicely packaged and presented
-great build quality for the price
-very easy to set up. Took me 5 mins.
-according to specs it's got an updated wifi receiver. It certainly seems very stable in operation.

Getting 1080p at 60 hertz and the picture quality is actually pretty good. Spotify and youtube are working without hickups, the sound quality of Spotify a bit thinner than I remember it. However for the price I can't fault it; ease of use is also second to none.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Paul. said:
Any benefits over the first one?
No first hand experience with the first one but according to internet reviews the main difference is:
- that the new one has a more stable connection due to implementing 3 wifi receivers.
-has instant play which loads apps faster than before.
-can stream photo's, videos, music and games.

Some reviewers literally say it's not enough to buy mk 2 if you already own a chromecast ...says enough really. For me it's new and great. Streaming music and video is very stable (no glitches). Only haven't figured out yet how to display photos.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts