Chord QBD76 pairing with Macbook Pro

A

Anonymous

Forgot to add some important detail d'oh.

I am looking to connect via bluetooth.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
you might find that the bluetooth code in your qbd76 manual is wrong, mine was. can't remember what it was, something like 1234 or 0001, it didn't take long trying obvious combos. make sure the dac is set to bluetooth. turn bluetooth on, on your mac, click on the bluetooth icon on the bar at the top of your menu and try setup bluetooth device. if i remember right you just use the setup wizard to connect.

Hi wollyjoe

If you are using standard Bluetooth than you will need to initially pair up the devices with a code (which i think is 1234). However your particular QBD76 is now APTX Bluetooth compliant which not only offers much better sound quality but also makes this process easy.

You'll need an APTX Bluetooth dongle. Select Bluetooth input on your QBD76 and than simply plug the APTX Bluetooth dongle into your PC. Around ten seconds later both devices pair automatically and you're ready to go.

With APTX Bluetooth you don't need to set up any initial programmes at all on yor PC and nor do you need to manually pair up the devices every time you want to listen.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Cheers all,

I got it working by using code 1234 which is what it is for APTX enabled DAC76's. 0000 is for non enabled.

I will say that I think my macbook pro does not support APTX as the sound quality is pretty dreadful as you use the bluetooth output by selecting bluetooth "headphones". I will pick up a dongle - any advice what price quality and if there is one for ipods too?

Loving the bluetooth feature and didn't think i would use it - but my friends come round and it's really useful.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rik - what APT-x dongle have you used - there only seem to be 2 on market?

peter@57m

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Woollyjoe,

I have used the Sennheiser dongles, both USB and the iPod one, and have been very pleased with the sound qulity of both of them. I have not been able to do a comparison with the Creative one.

I am somewhat surprised that you say the code for an APT-X enabled QBD76 is 1234. On the Chordette Gem its the reverse. 1234 is non APT-X and 0000 is APT-X enabled.

When you use either the USB or iPod dongle, you are NOT promoted for a code, it does the handshake with 0000 automatically. At least on a Win7 PC it does not ask for a code with the Sennheiser USB dongle.

Did you check with Chord the code used for the APT-X enabled QBD76.

I am a little concerned you will find the dongle and QBD76 will not talk to each other. I had precisely this problem with the first non APT-X enabled Gem I had.

Regards, Peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts