Cartridge Help Please MC/MM

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Looking for some help>

I am in the process of upgrading my turntable to a Roksan Radius 5.2, I now need to decide on a cartridge. I am between the following Goldring 1042, Goldring GL2500, Ortofon Bronze or Ortofon Rondo Red MC.

Any input or advice greatfully recived??

Lee

As your Rega phono will only work with Moving Magnet cartridges this will somewhat shorten your list.

Unless you are prepared to spend more money on a new phono preamp you are best sticking with moving magnet.

Out of you list I would go for the Goldring 1042 as it will sit well with the Roksan TT and indeed the amp.

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Alears,

thanks for the reply.

i am more than happy investing in a new phone stage if that will give a better result. I was thinking a trichord dino or a leema elements upgrade for a MM or MC as well. If the constraint of the phono stage was gone what is the right choice.

thanks for your help

lee

It would depend on your budget for a cartridge.

Although I love the moving coils I have had I would say that spending less than £400 on one is a false ecomomy.

If you can do this fine, and I do not use Ortofon cartridges so cannot advise you there, otherwise by the best moving magnet you can get. Have a look at some reviews as there are better ones than the Goldrings you mention.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Lee, I saw in another thread that you are planning a home loan of Graham Slee's Reflex C. You could consider the Reflex M + Elevator which would keep you MM/MC options open. It might be worth posting this same question on the Graham Slee Forum; I know there re people there with opinions you might find useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts