CAN THIS BE DONE ?

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have my Panasonic PZ85B connected to my Denon 1910 via HDMI

So that I could watch normal TV through the amp without putting my SKY HD on I connected my TV to the amp with a digital optical audio cable and here is my problem

1) To watch the TV through the amp I need to press the TV button on the Panasonic remote and TV select button on the amp remote (one of the silver one at the top)

2) If I then want to switch to watch a DVD I select the DVD button on the amp but then have to press the AV button on the Panasonic remote to get it switch to HDMI.

This isn't a big deal for me, but my girlfriend wants it as easy as possible, is it possible at all to get the switching that I need to do on the Panasonic remote to happen automatically, so that I only need to change the source on the amp for the TV to switch the video signal automatically.

Hope this make sense

Thanks in advance

Damian

A

Anonymous

I would guess that something in the settings needs checking as my pana auto switches when an HDMI signel is sent to it & then goes back to tv when the dvd or bd discs has finished & player switched off .

What player have you got as mine are both pana . hope this helps . kev

A

Anonymous

Tbh I have no idea but.....Out of interest whats the problem with switching the sky box on?

And as an aside you can program Harmony One Remotes to do all sorts of wonderful things (turn on device x, select input 1, etc, etc)

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Kev, DVD is panasonic

barnsleydave, I just wanted get it set up so all sources work and switch automatically whether it is SKY, DVD or normal TV and once I have the cash I plan to get a Harmony One

Cheers

Damian

A

Anonymous

Fair enough DJ. I may have been lucky but I got a harmony one for £66 from Ebay

A

Anonymous

Hi

You need to switch on HDMI control on both the sources and the tv. I think the amp just passes through the control signal to switch the tv over. Hope this helps. However, as stated in other replies, Harmony remotes make it all much simpler. I use a 555 which is pukka.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts