Can someone tell me why?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Ok so I've had a few problems with my LCD 4500W (ex) but I recently bought a Panasonic TH46 81B & thought that was the end of it. Then I noticed little dancing Blue pixels on dark images on normal DVD & most PS3 games & thought it was the TV.

Later I bypassed the AMP & connected the sources direct & all was fine so did some googling.

It turns out my Onkyo 806 has a fault with an HDMI management controller (a HW fix). But can someone tell me why I only noticed this when I hooked up the panasonic & not when I used the Sony? Both sets were set up with THX optimiser (recommended) so were very similar in set up too.

The only hint of it on the Sony was on FIFA09 PS3 when a screen menu was superimposed on the screenplay screen & thought it was just a "glitch" but now on normal DVD upscaled to 1080p & most PS3 games on dark areas it is very aparent?

I just want to know why for the peace of mind as thought both sets are very similar in specs. Is the Panasonic a lot more sensitive or is it a difference in the technology?

I'm intrigued!

Am upgrading to the Onkyo 876 now as I can't do with the hasstle of repairs after the LCD backlight thing & just want a decent set up that works fine.!

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks guys.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hidden behind the clouds? Sorry couldn't resist...

(ps am actually a happy owner of a 40w4500 and an Onkyo 876)

A

Anonymous

Bit unrelated but how have you found the 46pz81B - thinking of taking the plunge but have always been a sony boy so a bit apprehensive. The 4500 series seem to have had a few issues and I really want to upgrade to a 46" screen. Notice the new panasonic range out March does not include a 46" so really thinking this may be my best option.

nads

We've now had confirmation from ONKYO that your 806 needs a hardware
mod. If you'd like to contact us, we can arrange to have it collected
and mod'd under the ONKYO Warranty programme.

Regards,

this is from Genserve.

contact them for a fix.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
As with a similar posting recently, although for different reasons, I would have thought it is most probably to do with different algorithms Panasonic use, sometimes also referred to as dithering, bringing the problem out more then your previous sony. A difference in processing.

A

Anonymous

Hi, IMHO I can't think of one area that the Sony is better than the Panasonic. The colours are deeper, the picture looks deeper, I thought that cars may not be quite so clean, but it was.

Honestly Apart from the backlighting I was really happy with the Sony but now I have the pana it wins hands down in every respect! I got the 46 this time though & it's great!

Go on... take the plunge!!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help with this mate, without your hint I would not of thought it was the amp. I'm going to get the 876 now for £200 which is over the £599 I paid for the 806. I'll report on 1st impressions & if he pixels are OK..

Thanks again!! This site really does work!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts