Can I use good quality home cinema speakers with my PC?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

My PC is mostly used for playing computer games but is also used for watching TV and listening to music and I'm sick of using the low quality surround sound speaker systems that are available for PC's. I'm considering buying some Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 home cinema speakers to use instead.

I have three questions:

1. Are the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS the best 5.1 speakers available for £330?

2. What budget amplifier would you recommend I use with them?

3. How would I connect it to my PC? It has five 3.5mm audio output jacks were the jacks and it also has a "Optical S/PDIF out port at back I/O". Could this be used to connect it to a reciever?

Click on this link to see details of my PC motherboard. www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=e7Zic83PvQSr80Lm

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a Yamaha RXV365BL 5.1 receiver for £120 and a Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker package for £300. Would I be able to connect these to the "Optical S/PDIF out port at back I/0" on my computer?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
is it possible to get 5.1 through optical? if it is, and the yammie has the correct input, then yes - it should work fine. it might be an idea to post this in the home cinema part of the forum, i'm certainly no expert on it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts