Can I use bluetooth receiver AND internal DAC with integrated amp?

Dscience

Jul 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi again, I am back with another question. I am setting up my home music station, and the integrated amp doesn't have bluetooth, but it has a very good DAC that I want to utilize.

The specs:

AMP: Parasasound HALO 2.1 integrated
PC: Windows computer

I want to use the USB from my computer to the Parasound, and stream digital music.

However my problem is the Parasound doesn't have bluetooth. Now, the parasound has two other digital inputs: coax, and optical.

Can I connect a bluetooth receiver, like the,
Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver
, to the parasound AND the computer via USB?

If I do this, will the Parasound still decode using it's internal DAC and not the Audioengine?

The reason for this is that I don't always want to turn on my PC to listen, and would be nice to just turn on the bluetooth receiver and my iPhone.

Thanks!

Gray

Hi again, I am back with another question. I am setting up my home music station, and the integrated amp doesn't have bluetooth, but it has a very good DAC that I want to utilize.

The specs:

AMP: Parasasound HALO 2.1 integrated
PC: Windows computer

I want to use the USB from my computer to the Parasound, and stream digital music.

However my problem is the Parasound doesn't have bluetooth. Now, the parasound has two other digital inputs: coax, and optical.

Can I connect a bluetooth receiver, like the,
Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver
, to the parasound AND the computer via USB?

If I do this, will the Parasound still decode using it's internal DAC and not the Audioengine?

The reason for this is that I don't always want to turn on my PC to listen, and would be nice to just turn on the bluetooth receiver and my iPhone.

Thanks!
Presumably the B1 has a digital output.
In which case you can connect it to a digital input on the Halo.
Although both the PC and Bluetooth receiver would then be using the Halo's DAC, don't expect the Bluetooth to sound as good as the PC. (Though it may not be too much worse).

Yes, the digital from the BT receiver gets converted to analogue by the Halo DAC - but you're limited by the Bluetooth transmission - which the B1 first has to decode (before outputting to the Halo DAC).

daveh75

Yes, the digital from the BT receiver gets converted to analogue by the Halo DAC - but you're limited by the Bluetooth transmission - which the B1 first has to decode (before outputting to the Halo DAC).

This^

The WiiM Mini would probably be a better (and cheaper) solution for the OP as it supports AirPlay.

Reactions: Gray

Dscience

Jul 20, 2022
Visit site
IMG_8802.JPG
Maybe a little image of my set-up will help explain. I want to have my PC connected to the HAO vis USB for primary listening.

But have a wireless option, and assumed bluetooth. But I will order the WiiM Mini because that seems to be what I need.

Basically, I don't want to turn my PC on all the time, and just want the convenience of opening my phone and streaming infinite songs without the slight hum of my water cooler.

Presumably the B1 has a digital output.
In which case you can connect it to a digital input on the Halo.
Although both the PC and Bluetooth receiver would then be using the Halo's DAC, don't expect the Bluetooth to sound as good as the PC. (Though it may not be too much worse).

Thank you, that makes sense. I just wanted to make sure the HALO didn't take the, already decoded input from the device to play. But as I type this I realize if it's sent via digital signal it's not analog yet lol.

WiiM Mini

Gonna get it! Thank you!

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts