Can I have true HD via my stereo amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's been asked before but I coudn't find it by searching the forums.

My BD player can decode True HD onboard. Therefore, can I connect it to my CA amp and listen to enhanced audio in movies?

What's the best interconnect to use? (budget £50).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
TrueHD consists of 5.1 individual channels. So since you could only receive the front two, I don't think this can be termed HD audio really. You would be better hooking it up via its standard stereo RCA outputs so it outputs all the sound to the front two channels.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
TrueHD consists of 5.1 individual channels. So since you could only receive the front two, I don't think this can be termed HD audio really. You would be better hooking it up via its standard stereo RCA outputs so it outputs all the sound to the front two channels.

Does this mean when a bdp is connected to a stereo amplifier the sound would be no better than a dvd player connected to the said stereo amplifier..the advantage of bdp in this case would be 1080p picture only...So the downmix on a bdp is the same quality as the downmix on a dvd player / is this a correct assumption.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts