Can anyone list some older HDMI Receivers for me to consider?

Markfj1200

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have been thinking of buying a new AV receiver ( my old Yamaha DSP-A590 has no digital inputs at all so has not been used for years). Was thinking of a Yamaha RX-V675 but not sure how much use it will get, so would prefer to get a really cheap one secondhand first with one HDMI ARC output and two other HDMI inputs. Any make will do, not fussed just need one that works to see if I use it enough to justify spending more on a new one. I have looked on the bay but its a long job. Can anyone suggest a few make/model numbers to help narrow search to HDMI enabled ones. Is it realistic to hope to get one for under £100? Thanks.

Markfj1200

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Simon,

Thanks, I have never used Pricerunner before, but just done a quick search and it turned up a Denon AVR-X500 at Richer sounds for £99.95 for VIP members in-store. So that's a likely option.

My brand new Samsung TV only has HDMI and SPDIFAudio out and I'm using the SPDIF out for headphones so need the receiver to be able to take TV sound from the one HDMI connection and have passthrough for a BD and STB/DVR. Looks like the Denon would do this. I will look further, but any other suggestions welcome.

Markfj1200

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
After a bit of searching it looks like I can pick up a yamaha rx-v573 for £170 from Richer Sounds and that has net connectivity and zone 2 speaker option which would be nice. Probably ex-demo, last in store clearance but that's ok.

The denon does not have ARC so that's out.

If push comes to shove I could go with spending £170 but will keep looking.

I have KEF 5001 satellite's - hopefully these would work ok with the yamaha.

Markfj1200

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Sorted. I purchased an ex-display, clearance, Yamaha RX-V573 from Richer Sounds today for £149.95 :). Not yet wired it up so hopefully it all works ok.

This has got everything I think I need on it and more so looking forward to setting it up and having a play.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts