Cambridge CXA60 vs CXA80

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I´d like to know if there is any real diffenrence between the Cambridge Audio CXA60 and CXA80 appart from the watts and inputs.

And do these additional 20 watts realy matter if I have lets say KEF Q700 floorstanding speakers?

Which floorstanding speaker would you recommend for the CXA60?

Thanks in advance and with kind regards

Max

TheMaxx1997 said:
Hi there,

I´d like to know if there is any real diffenrence between the Cambridge Audio CXA60 and CXA80 appart from the watts and inputs.

And do these additional 20 watts realy matter if I have lets say KEF Q700 floorstanding speakers?

Max

Price?....

No, realistically there is in the form of the addition of balanced XLR analogue inputs and a USB audio digital input also USB 1.0 and 2.0 compatibilty on the CXA80 that the 60 doesn't have.

If you don't need any of these then the extra 20 WPC is probably not worth paying the extra for.

You choose your speakers to suit your room (that we know nothing about) ratherthan the ampifier. Can only suggest you audition as many as you can.

The Q700 would need a fairly large room.

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
TheMaxx1997 said:
Hi there,

Max

Price?....

No, realistically there is in the form of the addition of balanced XLR analogue inputs and a USB audio digital input also USB 1.0 and 2.0 compatibilty on the CXA80 that the 60 doesn't have.

If you don't need any of these then the extra 20 WPC is probably not worth paying the extra for.

You choose your speakers to suit your room (that we know nothing about) ratherthan the ampifier. Can only suggest you audition as many as you can.

Thanks for your reply,

the room is around 3m*3,5m with 2,5m distance between speakers and seat. Yeah I know that floor standing speakers aren´t the best for this kind of room but I plan on moving an a few years and probably keep these speakers for longer than that. Pricerange of about 600 to 800 pounds.

Thanks in adnvance and with kind regards

Max

TheMaxx1997 said:
Al ears said:
TheMaxx1997 said:
Hi there,

Max

Price?....

Thanks for your reply,

the room is around 3m*3,5m with 2,5m distance between speakers and seat. Yeah I know that floor standing speakers aren´t the best for this kind of room but I plan on moving an a few years and probably keep these speakers for longer than that. Pricerange of about 600 to 800 pounds.

Thanks in adnvance and with kind regards

Max

In that case you might like to look at Tannoy Revolution XT8F which can now be had for about £800 if you search.

matthewpiano

Considerations when choosing speakers (most important first IMO)

1. Room

2. Amplifier

3. Musical preferences

Get the first two right, and then you'll get a properly accurate idea of how the speakers suit your preferences in terms of music and sound. Of course, a reasonably neutral speaker should be able to convince with any music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts