Cambridge Audio Azur 351c vs Marantz cd6004

dreambreaks

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My CA Azur 640c cd player has packed in and I'm wondering which CD player to replace it with. My amp is a CA 640A. Will the Marantz match as well as the 351c. I play all :rockout: :boohoo: :dance: types of music and gnerally prefer a warm sound that isn't too harsh. Any views would be appreciated

Cheers

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I think in their own right the Marantz would have a 'warmer' sound than the CA but the synergy of the CA player and your amp may suit you better.
I would see if you can demo both first.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
If you are able to try and stretch to the CA 650C, this got an outtanding product from HI Fi News when up against very expensive machines. At Richer sounds they sometimes go as clearance and I priced one yesterday at my local branch at £370. If not then the warmth of the Marantz should match your amp well (by the way your amp got outstading product in another edition of this magazine!)

Bet wishes

Paul

dreambreaks

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I live in the sticks and don't have any audiophile shops near (nearest Richer is 100 miles) so demoing is a problem, that's why I usuaually stick to What Hi-Fi recommendations and haven't been disappointed so far.

What about second hand Arcam Alpha 8 amp and 7se cd would these be an upgrade to the new kit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts