Cambridge Audio 650BD - vibration when playing discs.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My 650BD is back to the workshop to be checked out. [:(] The unit is 10 months old. Just after xmas I heard a vibration when walking past the unit while my wife was listening to a CD. It turned out to be the TV remote on top of the unit vibrating! I assumed it just must be that disk although it did not vibrate in any other player. Now all disks vibrate when played, the vibration can be felt through the units front fascia and housing.

The guys at Richer sounds were good - offering a loan unit - and it was sent out the same day. Though it has been 12 days and I still have not got it back.

Anybody else had this issue with a disk transport vibrating?

Colz

Nov 2, 2004
Visit site
Snap, mine is exactly the same age and suffering from the same problem, but only when loading discs and the loading time has increased significantly. Additionally some of the discs don't load first time and require switching the machine off and on again. I haven't returned it to Richers yet. This will be the second return as in the first 4 months the multi region dvd function failed.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have not had vibration during disk load/unload, also all disks still played. The vibration starts when the disk begins to spin. I suspect a motor mounting may have failed or screw come loose.

We compared it to the two demo units in the shop both had a a very slight insignificant vibration but were a marked difference to my unit.

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had a few similar problems myself. The main ones I've had are where disc doesn't load first time and also had an instance of when disc is stopped it will not eject. Which leads to having to power down then restart and eject then.

On the whole am totally happy with the player, much better than other player I've owned.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Update - The nice guys at richer sounds have returned my player. It has a new drive unit fitted. I am happy to say no vibrations can be found.

I asked when they might have the 751BD in stock, I was suprised to hear that they won't be stocking them. CA are going to be using some premium shop/dealers for the higher end kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts