Cambridge Audio 650a or Marantz PM7003?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Please help me decide on which amp to choose. The CA has excellent reviews but I think I am getting the Marantz. Any suggestions? Cheers
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

both are good in there own right its up to u to audition both with yr cd and speakers.

T

the record spot

Yes, I did hear cassettes are making a comeback MP...!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

liujol:

Hi all,

Please help me decide on which amp to choose. The CA has excellent reviews but I think I am getting the Marantz. Any suggestions? Cheers
emotion-42.gif

Tough choice. Both are good. :) I'm slightly leaning towards the 650A, but that's probably because I'm biased to my gear. :p

What are you partnering this with?

A

Anonymous

Stagea:liujol:

Hi all,

emotion-42.gif

Tough choice. Both are good. :) I'm slightly leaning towards the 650A, but that's probably because I'm biased to my gear. :p

What are you partnering this with?

Thanks guys. I am partnering this with the CA 640c v2 cd player and my aging MS908i. I borrowed an old Marantz PM7000 and after hearing the marantz I was convinced that a stereo ampliier is far more better with music compared to the stereo produced from an a/v receiver. That is why I want to add a dedicated amplifier on my Onkyo 806 pre-out. But I reckon the CA 650A will best match my cd player and speaker. I will try to audition the CA 650A and the Marantz PM7003 and see how it goes. Cheers!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi guys. I've finally made a decision. The Marantz PM7003 will arrive to me next week. Tough decison to make but since both amps are excellent I reckon I won't go wrong which ever amp I chose.
emotion-29.gif

A

Anonymous

Congratulations then. :) I'm sure you'd have lots of fun with your gear.

Keep us posted of what you think.

A

Anonymous

Greetings from SimplyElectronics.
Upon packing your order, we had discovered that our shipment of Marantz PM-7003 (Silver) Integrated Amplifier was damaged, and therefore had to be returned. Unfortunately, the replacements are not expected to arrive within any short period of time.
We apologise for any inconveniences caused, however in this unfortunate event, we would like to ask if there are any other similiarly priced products listed on our site that may be suitable as a replacement? Should the price be slightly higher, we can perhaps waive this as a gesture of goodwill (please note we can only do this usually for minor differences of a few pounds). Likewise, if the price is lower, we can have this reimbursed to your account.
Kindly let us know at your earliest convenience if you wish to accept this offer, and we will do our best to expedite this for you. Otherwise, kindly advise on how we should proceed.
Looking forward to your response, thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the email which was sent to me by Simplyelectronics where I purchased the marantz pm7003. Due to this incident, I have decided to refund my payment and will purchase the Cambridge Audio 650A at Richer Sounds instead. The main reason why I chose the marantz over the CA is because the former is discounted by about 100 quid from simplyelectronics. I paid £350 which is the same price of the CA 650A. Do you think this is a blessing in disguise? Afterall, the CA 650A has great reviews compared to the marantz pm7003. Moreover, I reckon the CA 650A will match my old CA 640C cd player and M.S. speakers. Can I have your opinion on this matter please. Cheers.
emotion-42.gif

T

the record spot

I think Marantz make some good kit, but so do CA - you probably could do with hearing beforehand rather than buy blind, but in RS you can have a listen. If not you can always swap for another amp if you don't like it when you get home. For the same kind of money, do consider the Harman Kardon HK980. Very nice little amp, highly underrated too going by the comments from the Home Cinema Centre guys.

A

Anonymous

Thanks the record spot. I will audition the CA 650a tomorrow.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi OP:

With source as 640 and amp as 650, you might be surprised the synergy it has with the MS 908i, very musical, indeed. It'd be great if you go for the 650 unless and otherwise you hear something else at RS for your liking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts