cambridge 840a v2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking for a bit of advice here ...currently running a cambridge 640a v2 through kef iq7 speakers (bought yesterday .great sound!!) but the room I am using them in is a sun lounge 10ft wide by 28 ft long and i have the speakers set at the narrow end 10 ft apart...trouble is at partys..etc the other end of the room seems a bit distant (music wise) should I upgrade my amp (to the 840) or b-iamp...maybe buy another 640a or even a 740a and run tweeters and woofers separate or.....and I think this is a long shot but put one speaker at one (long end) of the room and the other in the other corner which means they would be 28 ft apart...basically what I am looking for is to get a bit more volume into tho the room, and I guess what the big question is , is would bi-amping with say another 640a give me a lot more volume? or should I bite the bullet and get an 840a??????????

thanks guys

murray

A

Anonymous

Why don't you put both speakers along either of the longer walls and then have them about 10ft apart? That should give you volume at both ends of the room, and you won't need as long wire and you'll have better sound-quality. That said, you could put them in each corner, but it might sound a little funny with alot of reverb if you are in the middle of the room.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
I had a 640 v2 and replaced it with an 840v1. I can honestly say that in terms of loudness i couldnt notice a difference. The 840 was however a much better amp. I dont think biamping makes a difference to the volume either from my experience but am happy to be corrected by someone more in the know.

TRENDING THREADS