Cable runs through walls and under floors

Marticus

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, :wave:
Hopefully this hasn't been covered a thousand times already, i did a search but couldn't find too much.
so i'm finishing off my new house and want to run all my speaker cables in the walls / under floor to keep everything neat and tidy, using wall plates to connect.
The part i'm stuck with is choosing the correct cable type and what specifications i need in terms of safety (fire hazards etc) The cables in the floors will be cemented over (still about 15cm of cement to go down) so i would run the cable in some conduit across the floor space but do i need to use the conduit within the walls aswell? it appears that none of the electric cable are using conduit within the walls...
the walls are made of hollow bricks.
Do i need to use a specific cable type (safety specs) i know in the us they have CL ratings for within walls, is there an equivelent in europe for audio cables? and lastly would 16 gauge be sufficient for a 9 meter run? thanks

gareth Ottywill

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
No one has replied so here we go... I was looking at the something a while back and i found this...

Im not sure if i can put the name of the place on here but here is the cable name

QED QX16/2 2 Core Speaker Cable Pink (LSZH)

is complies to fire regs if you worried abou that and is farly cheap.

hope it helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts