CA 640 Azur V2 + Atlas Equator MKII interconnects

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ,

Does anyone use Atlas Equator MKII on CA amps? I wish to use this interconnect to try whether it would be able to improve the sound so that my system will be towards the neutral balance sound . because my current setup sounds tiring to the ear with fast tracks... below is my system. It was said that the silver plating on most interconnect will cause brightness? furthermore CA is towards the bright side so i was reading the Atlas Equator MKII which claim it is a cable capable to produce towards neutral side?

CA 640 azur V2 + marantz Cd6002 + Wharfedale dia 9.1 speakers+ Ecosse Best boy interconnects.

I am currently bringing in Clearer Audio copper alpha mains for cd player and my amp + Copper line power hub to improve my setup sounds too.

Best Rgds,

Alvin

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I changed my existing CA Arctic interconnect between my CA 640C v2 & 640A v2 for a set of Atlas Equator MkII's a couple of months ago. It most certainly was a step up in sound quality and provided more clarity.

However, as I had just changed my speakers to B&W 685's a few days earlier (not really run in), and I was still using some very old basic speaker stands for them at the time, I cannot confirm any particular tonal change; especially as I changed the stands a few days after that.

I made several changes in a short time (speakers/speaker cables/interconnects/stands empty/stands filled/Tacima CS939) one after the other and each change improved things and opened up the music.

I do remember that when I added the Tacima the level of sibilence increased on vocals. Having only this week added a pair of Clearer Audio copper alpha mains cables into the mix I can again say it improved things, it was like a layer of noise had been removed and this thankfully took a little of the sibilence away. The system is still a bit bright overall though.

Joe

A/V - Pana TH-37PV500B, Pana BD35, Onkyo 876, B&W M1's x5, B&W ASW610, QED SA XT, Clearer Audio Copper Alpha.
HiFi - CA azur 640C v2, CA azur 640A v2, Denon TU1800DAB, B&W685's, Partington Super Dreadnoughts, QED SA XT, Tacima CS939, Clearer Audio Copper Alpha (& a Dual 505-2 gathering dust).

A

Anonymous

Dear Joe,

Thanks for the input. I guess this is the characteristics for CA amp. after i change the cables to atlas equator i will stop . trying to improve on the brightness.
emotion-1.gif

Best rgds,

Alvin

A

Anonymous

There is a treble control fitted to the amp, if you turn it anti-clockwise you should be able to reduce any system imbalance.

Simples
emotion-55.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a CA 740 A and C which used to be connected by a CA Java interconnect. I certainly found this combo a little sharp so went for an Atlas Equater mk2 and it certainly took the tangy edge off the sound. Its still pretty electrifying but not tiring to my ears. Also try investing in a copper speaker cable, that should help. I also think the CD player aint helping your cause, I tried the Marantz and found it rather harsh, though to be fair it was brand new.

Hey Stumpy, what are those Tannoy Signatures like?

A

Anonymous

Hi Cidershed,

I guessed Atlas Equator should help. Because i've ever heard those shop dealers mentioned interconnects that having silver plating will cause brightness.

Added the fact that Atlas company also states in its advertising statements for this cable that it avoids silver plating so that characteristics is even tonal balance with neutral sounding with detail and punch. This should help i guess :)

Best Rgds,

Alvin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts