Advice Needed Please on Upgrading Interconnects (Chord Crimson, Atlas Equator, Black Rhodium, etc.)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After recently replacing my Rotel RA-06 with a 1520 and the Focal speakers with B&W 684s I'm thinking of also upgrading the interconnects for the Arcam CDP (XLO/PRO 125), RPM4 turntable (QED Qunex 3) and Yamaha cassette deck (QED Qunex 1). I've had a quick look at the reviews on this site and the Chord CrimsonPlus and Atlas Equator sound like good contenders.

I'd probably be looking for something akin to the XLO/PROs which allow a really natural uncoloured sound to come through the CD73T. At the recent Audio-T demo for the 684s they used Black Rhodium Rhapsody which also did an impressive job of being neutral and not imposing itself on the music. Has anyone had any experience of this particular cable?

A

Anonymous

DandyCobalt said:
I've been recommended the Chord CobraPlus - I think these are a step up from the Crimson.

Just out of interest, did you get hold of the CobraPlus? If so, how was it?

I bought the Atlas Equator mkII which has hugely improved my CD73's output (more punch and better separation & detail).

Now I'm looking for a cable for the turntable that has the Xlo/Pro's full, rich mids and sweet treble but with more volume and punch. I'm thinking of borrowing some samples from the local audio T to try out- Can anyone recommend particular cables I should ask for that might fit the bill?

A

Anonymous

I'd highly recommend the Chord CobraPlus

I upgraded to it from the CrimsonPlus and it was a very good move

The CrimsonPlus was a good interconnect but the CobraPlus just beefed the sound up but made the midrange and treble tighter and more gutsy as well. Not bright in any way but like a sheet had been lifted off the speakers per say...
smiley-wink.gif

In saying that mines going on eBay soon as I'm selling my 2nd system for a one-box system so interconnects wont be needed

I'd also highly recommend the Black Rhodium Prelude interconnect as well; very well made and sounds superb also

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts