Your thoughts on Chord and Atlas interconnects

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was using Chord Crimson interconnects originally but after upgrading my speakers and speaker cables I decided to give Chameleon Silver+ a try. I got some from fleebay (albeit a bit dirty and oxidised - partly cleaned now) but I feel the clarity decreased, not the other way around. Bass became stronger and a bit sloppier (and somewhat boomy). I also read on another forum that Cobra 3 worked better with MA RS6s than Chameleon Silver+ due to the silver coating producing an overbearing bass.

How does Cobra 3 stack up against Atlas Equator and Chord's own Crimson?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chainrock:
I was using Chord Crimson interconnects originally but after upgrading my speakers and speaker cables I decided to give Chameleon Silver+ a try. I got some from fleebay (albeit a bit dirty and oxidised - partly cleaned now) but I feel the clarity decreased, not the other way around. Bass became stronger and a bit sloppier (and somewhat boomy). I also read on another forum that Cobra 3 worked better with MA RS6s than Chameleon Silver+ due to the silver coating producing an overbearing bass.

How does Cobra 3 stack up against Atlas Equator and Chord's own Crimson?

Are they the purple cables (current model)? There is no way the Cobra 3 works better with the RS6 speaker. The Chameleon Silver Plus is in a different league.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:Are they the purple cables (current model)? There is no way the Cobra 3 works better with the RS6 speaker. The Chameleon Silver Plus is in a different league.

I think they are the current model: they say Chord Chameleon Silver Plus and are indeed blue/purple.

I think the change in sound has something to do with the silver coating...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I was using QED Silver Spiral and Qenex 3 inteconnects with my Arcam Alpha 9 systema dn my RS6 speakers and found that when i moved across to the Chord Crimson interconnect and Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable; the treble sweegtned up and lost its brashness and the bass was punchier and better timed.

The RS6 speakers and silver cabling doesnt work as well at all!

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979: The RS6 speakers and silver cabling doesnt work as well at all!

I already bought silver-plated Odyssey 2... and I think will stick to them for now but interconnects I shall change.

A

Anonymous

The Silver Plus is more revealing across the board. The experience of bass you're getting is a truer reflection of what your system is producing. If a cable takes it away it's probably just hiding it! I found the upgrade from Cobra to Chameleon was significant and good.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. Actually swapping the directions changed the sound a bit -made it more precise. I never believed cables were directional but evidence is RCAs can be (I think the construction of this cable is as such that there is a difference).

Although I have to send back the Chameleon I bought on fleebay (not in the shape it was described but seller was nice enough to take it back) I took your advice and just ordered a brand new Chameleon Silver plus.... and almost at a price for a used one! Let's see what I actually get next week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts